New PIP awards

Posted , 4 users are following.

Advice needed please, have just been awarded PIP on the standard rate but was first ever award both on the higher rate up until July 2017, so I recently had the F2F review with ATOS and have been downgraded to the lower rate which takes affect immediately! However I shall be appealing this descion but my concern is why my first award was until July 2017 however my review came up in July 2016 one year earlier than previously awarded, my situation health wise is worse which I clearly advised the DWP of however I think maybe ATOS report contradicts this does anyone know where i go from here? Thank you in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As you say, you can appeal. But to try to compare what you have been given now to what your earlier award was is futile.

You probably had two different decision makers - one thought enhance the other standard - luck of the draw unfortunately

• Posted

Hi Emma

Your right not to accept that decision ATOS are basically goverment paid goons ,and as Les said its the luck of the draw

Tribunal is the way to go before those tory scum close the door on that as the rules are due to change to suit them again

Goodluck

• Posted

Hi Emma

With regard to being reassessed early that is normal practice by the DWP. Everyone on fixed term awards will be assessed 12 before their award is due to run out. So it’s not just you.

If you are going to appeal as Les stated it is pointless referring to your previous assessment simply because that was a snapshot of your disability then and your more recent assessment is a snapshot of your disabilities now.

Therefore you need to challenge THIS decision. Firstly request a copy of the report from the DWP so you can then see where you have lost points in comparison with last time. Then you challenge the assessor’s opinion by using any medical evidence and the balance of probabilities test. You can mention that nothing has changed since your last assessment but don’t rely on it as your only grounds for appeal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.