New pip claim

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have made my first ever claim for pip I'm not coping good with anxiety and depression so people have told me to apply.I made my claim 8 weeks ago and decided to telephone them today they gave me number to ring atos they told me my claim is in stagehold scrutiny does anyone know what this means thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That suggest to me that they are still looking at it Karen before deciding either on a f2f or a paper assessment is their course of action although paper assessments are rare are quite rare so its more likely to be a f2f assessment  although others on here would know more then l.
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

I think belgravia is right although i've never heard of this before and my knowledge of PIP and ESA is quite good. Sounds to me like they're still looking at your claim. There's a high possiblity that they'll ask you to attend a face to face assessment as most people are. 8 weeks isn't that long to be fair as some are waiting much longer than that. Did you send in plenty of evidence to support your claim? Hopefully you did and kept copies of everything you sent. Don't leave it to them to gather any evidence because mostly they never do this. Come back when you have your appointment date (if you get one) and we'll be able to advice you more on what happens next.

• Posted

Yes l waited near on 9 weeks Denise before l received my assessment letter and date and according to others who have more knowledge then l the wait is growing yet again for PIP claimants despite what the DWP and the disability assessment companies are claiming.
  • Posted

Hi Karen I have not heard that perticular statement before but maybe its some thing to do with the new legislation that is being implemented in April, I think that from what iv read and been told the criteria for claiming pip will be made even more complex, like others have said its best you send in all your backup paperwork via recorded delivery or registered post, also make copies of everything you send

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.