NEW PIP GUIDANCE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Just heard the other day about the new pip guidelines to activity 7 and 9 under the daily living on pip, does this mean current awards that scored points on 7 or 9 and none of the other or vice versa mean that a court ruling the dwp have to give a point or two on the descriptor that scored zero and have money backdated to March this year?

My husband was given a three year award from September last year he was given 11 points on daily living, activity 7 communicating 0 points. Activity 9 mixing with people 2 points. Could anyone explain what this ruling means for my husbands current pip award

Thank you. Dawn

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, No that's not what it means. It's aimed at those with epilepsy and sensory difficulties only! DWP will go through all the awards of those affected over the next 2 years and award those extra points and backdate money to March 2017. Those that experience psychological distress won't be affected by the changes. So for your husband it depends on why he claims PIP.

• Posted

Hi Denise, that was quick, never been on this site before. My husband claims pip for Anxiety. depression. ptsd. And mental health problems and past trauma.
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, Unfortunately, those condtions won't be affected by the new guidelines.

• Posted

It's those with sensory difficulties, in other words those with cognitive difficulties, such as people on the Autism spectrum scale that have difficulty processing information.

• Posted

i suffrer from eperlepsy denise wat does it mean for me please
  • Posted

meant claim pip because me eperlepsy and mental health after me pip up for renewal does it mean i loose it altogether now
    • Posted

Hi Ross, i'm unsure to be honest ross. I mostly understand the sensory/cognitive part because it applies to my daughter who's recently had a PIP assessment. Currently waiting for a copy of the assessment report but it's delayed being returned to DWP because it's in audit still. I have a feeling it's delayed because of those changes.

Sorry i couldn't help with the epilepsy part. All i can tell you is that those who currently have an award, their awards will be checked sometime between now and the next 2 years. If you're owed money it'll be backdated to March 2017 but it's going to take a huge amount of time to get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.