New Possible LS Sufferer With Anxiety

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys. First off, before I introduce myself, I beg you: to other new or old LS sufferers in a state of panic or who have horror stories, please post elsewhere, I want this feed to be totally zen and calm to keep my anxiety on the downlow. 

I'm Kat, I'm 23 and I've suffered for about 2 years with terrible cracking of my vagina, tears and general agony and burning after sex. Occasional mild itching, but generally, it's been sex. Nothing has helped, and after years of doctors telling me 'it's thrust - treat you and your partner, abstain', nothing has changed. 

I've noted little pearly white crinkles either side of my vagina for a couple of years now, but I always thought they were just part of the skin that everyone had. After all, no doctors or gynos picked up on it.

After googling it, it all makes so much sense now. I'm seeing my doctor in 4 days (09/02/15) and insisting she checks to see if it's LS, but I don't think I'd even need to at this point, but it's the natural avenue to getting treated. 

She's given me betnovate in the past, but it just made me inflamed, I suspect it's due to actual thrush being present when I used it. 

I suffer from crippling anxiety, I've been treated for years and I'm in therapy. I'm also self confessed cyberchondriac, but this is one of very few cases that I believe lead to a genuine answer. 

I'll be honest, I'm terrified. I'm terrified of fusing (which doesn't seem to be occuring), I'm terrified of my pain increasing over the next 60 years, I'm terrified of getting to a point in my life where I have lost all sexual function, and mostly, I'm terrified of the obvious big C (I can't even read the damn word without my heart rate speeding up). 

My labia minora are abnormally small and always have been, could this be as a result of LS? What are the white crinkly bits, are they scars or do they fade with the (correct) stereoid cream? 

Please help. Show me some positive stories. Have any of you lived with it for years and been happy? Is it really the end of the world like people make out it is, or does it not really interfer with your life all that much? I'm worried about being paranoid about my vagina for the rest of my life. I've already had my cervix caulterized. I'm sick of it and terrified. 

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kat. By now you may well have been back to your medic so you may have some of the answers. I strongly advise you to watch the very informative Dr Goldsteins lecture,I am away from home so can't give it to you now but on the home page of this site. Stress seems to be THE biggest reason for LS flare ups, next sugar etc. try and keep a mood diary a dn a food and drink diary. Take photos of the area with a camera...phones  can get hacked...you will then see the improvements. Fusing may or may not happen we are all so different and our bodies react differently to the treatments, but do look at the advice on the various topic headings for LS. There are many anxious unhappy frightened people on this site and we all try and give them support and a listening ear, and sometimes sensible advice, and most do find some comfort just from being able to articulate the fears and intimate details of their condition. I know I have. Keep body fluids off the area by using a barrier ointment that's suits you. There are many different ones advocated on this site it is a process of elimination or trial and error to see which suits you. This horrid condition will take time to get under control so you must be patient. The strong steroid ointments can seem to make the burning itching worse, a pea sized amount is plenty so don't overdo it. Wait a while and then apply your moisturiser it is important to keep the area supple, then on with the  barrier potion of choice, it depends what part of the world you live as to what is available locally. Some find spraying with a mild alkaline solution of soda bicarbonate after a wee helps the acidity of the area. Sex doesn't always have to be penetrative so when sore find other methods if you can. I could go on but you will,find a huge amount of good thinking on the various threads. All will say get your stress under control. You say you are being treated for it make sure you really undertake the stress relieving activities suggested by your therapists. Take care worry less and you will feel so much better. There is no magic solution but you can improve your condition ...think mind over matter

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.