New poster

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety and have had enough of it. I also suffer from horrible thoughts, and need some support. I have been to the doctors so many times but no help .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

You need strategies to help . Have you heard of Mindfulness . Google it. YouTube it. It is based on meditation. you will find more details online. It is used by NHS clinical psychologists and recommended for all sorts of conditions e.g.stress, Anxiety,depression, tinnitus, anywhere where you need relief from your thoughts and anxieties.

They are beginning to use the system in secondary schools which I think is a brilliant idea.

I have found it very helpful but you do need to practise.

• Posted

Hi Claire,

If you're GP can't help directly you are entitled to ask him/her for a referral to your local mental health team.

If he/she wont then find a GP that will.

In the past I've had to resort to turning up at the door of my local unit, and have never been turned away.

You could ring them and ask for an appointment to see both a psychiatric social worker and a community psychiatric nurse. They should be able to give you sound advice. I've done it!

Best of luck,

Alex

• Posted

Hello Claire

Did your doctor not offer any medication? They usually do. The horrible thoughts you experience are linked to anxiety. You seem to need professional help, but at the same time you CAN help yourself by identifying what causes you the most anxiety. When the root cause(s) are found, then you can go forward. Realising you are not alone is a comfort, and these sites do help. There is a lot of information on the internet regarding anxiety symptoms. Group therapy also helps if you can find somewhere near your home which runs these courses. Good luck!

Cruise Lady

• Posted

I did.nt realise you could ask for a referral to mental health team are you sure you can do this x
  • Posted

Hi again,

You can ask for referral to any consultant you wish if you believe there's good reason.

Like I said; if your GP wont, then get another; it's that simple!.

These health providers are mostly the best sort you could want.

They are there for YOU. As long as you are courteous and don't abuse them then they have a DUTY to look after YOU and your wellbeing.

Come on everyone, Claire needs our support!

Go for it girl,

Alex

• Posted

I feel the same way! I need help its getting worse and worse by the day. My quality of life is not good..IK dont have interest in ppl,places and things that I used to enjoy
  • Posted

Well said Alex.

Good luck Claire and Poony.

Do come back and tell us know how you get on.

• Posted

I will give it ago, i just wonder if anyone else gets horrible thoughts x
  • Posted

If someone finds really effective method please let us know smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.