New Prescription

Posted , 8 users are following.

I received a text this morning to say my prescription was ready for collection.

However as I had not requested a repeat prescription I was not expecting anything. Upon checking my app I see that the doctor had issued a prescription for another drug, I have not spoken to anyone at the practice for about a month and certainly did not request the prescription and they have not advised me that they issuing it.

Just wondering if they are entitled to do so.

Thanks

PJD145

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I dont know - I receive regular texts to tell me its ready & I just go & get it-sometimes I get a ticket telling me there is one missing because it is out of stock & when I should collect it

Seems logical to me that they are -but dont take my word for it -as I dont know

Seems to me they say theyre entitled to ask anything or so Ive heard

• Posted

Confirm the prescription of another drug mentioned by your doctor then used prescribed drug

• Posted

u need call dr and find out whats going on. dont accept medication if you dont know if u should have it. who knows how it came about!, better safe than scamed!

• Posted

There is no way you should have been given a prescription without being told. It could be that the chemist has made a mistake or the surgery has. I would check with the surgery and find out what has happened.

• Posted

Yes I agree I dread to think what will happen to our medicines after Brexit

• Posted

Sorry that is not very helpful. This is supposed to be a serious help site, not a keyboard warrior troll site

• Posted

Hello Murphymycat

To be fair I know that this is a serious help site -Ive used it often enough & know its not a keyboard warrior troll site

I wasnt trolling anyone-I was just going off stuff I'd heard on the news about what was going to be affected

But youre clearly not happy with my observation so with that in mind I am very sorry that I put that & will be careful what I put in future

Generally like everybody else my comments have also been as helpful as everyone elses are

• Posted

I wouldn't have thought any GP would have prescribed any new medication without talking to the patient and them having a clinical need. Have you talked to the surgery? That is your first port of call. If you talk to the receptionist and tell them what the problem is someone should ring you back, you shouldn't an appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.