New problem....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.

Over the past 4 weeks I have had a new set of pains to add to my list. However these new ones are worrying me somewhat as I don't know what they might be.

After eating about 40+ mins, I get a stabbing pain just an inch to the right of my belly button, it persists for 15 mins and then moves to the the left side of my belly button for 15+ mins and then stops.

My stomach is very bloated and tender to touch.

I have loose stools, they haven't been able to find out why as yet. My weight loss is stable at the moment. I have suspected Chronic Pancreatitis (not yet diagnosed, I have left and right side upper abdomen pains under my ribs).

I do not have blood in my stool (not to the naked eye), I have flactulance and piles. I have started to get a slight bit of rectal aching (different to my piles pain).

Does anyone know what this could be? It's not something that has happened once. It happens almost every time after I eat and it's very painful!

The pain seems to radiate up on my left side and down on the right side.

I have had stool tests for IBD which were normal.

Many thanks for reading.

Gem

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add, the pain also causes a similar stabbing pain just above my left hip bone in my back.
  • Posted

Hello Gem

sorry your having this problem, I am no Doctor so these are my personal experience and some thoughts. I've had pancreatitis and usually pain in upper right back but pain can radiate. Have you had an ultrasound for gallstones or even kidney stones. It can also be IBS since it's after you eat you seem to be worse. I've had a list of these same symptoms but gallbladder was at the root which I later had removed. I wish you well!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply jannie.

I originally saw the surgeon because they suspected my gall bladder. But because all my scans showed it to be normal and no stones, that's why they think chronic pancreatitis. I still think my gall bladder might be dysfunctional. My MRI scan showed no stones in my kidneys.

I've had Ibs for a while but these pains seem different? They really stab in my lower abdomen and if I stand up straight to stretch myself out it makes it hurt even more sad

• Posted

Hi Gem

im at a loss here, but I know my IBS could move all over my body, especially lower gut. With diet and probiotics, gripe water it gave me some relief but the gallbladder was the main thing in the end which can also lead to pancreatic attacks too. I wish you find out soon, otherwise don't give up, you know your own body best. Best Jannie

• Posted

Thank you again for your kind reply smile im back at my gp on Tuesday. I will mention it to him. I might try the grip water smile

Gem

• Posted

So like my symptoms, I have weight loss issues too. I was diagnosed with gastritis last year, but these symptoms are different. So uncomfortable in my stomach. Cannot pin point an area. I have colonoscopy booked for Tuesday. I've had camera down, CT scan blood tests nothing shows up.

hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Good luck Gem at the Dr. Ask him about anti spasmodic drugs for cramps too. I take Buscopam for attacks and it is a Godsend. You never know.....

best Jannie

• Posted

Hello Gem,

I had severe stomach pains and indigestion last summer and found that ginger and lemon tea worked miracles for me. Although it sounds bizarre that something which isn't a medication worked, it really did help, almost from the first moment of drinking it. And so far, no relapses. Perhaps worth a try? Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.