New Problem??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had given my history about 10 days ago, all the usual crap this drug seems to bring on.. Well now I have a new one. I have tinnitus, have had it as long as I can remember, Iv'e always lives with it, but since taking gabapentin and getting off of it 2 weeks ago I have noticed my ears are ringing more than I remember and changing pitch out of nowhere, especially my left ear. I don't remember reading or seeing any reference to this particular problem. I figure everyone has different reactions getting off this stuff but this is just another thing I have to deal with on top of everything else.. The sleep problems and anxiety are kind of getting better, but now the ear thing just seems to be a bit much... I still have new vertigo on top of the vertigo that this stuff was supposed to fix...  I Just do not understand why doctors throw this crap at you without at least telling you there could be some NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS AND WITHDRAWAL ISSUES!!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gary, yes the tin stuff is more of the fun. I'm through the bad WD , Nov 17 -Feb  18. Ears. still ring off and on, not as bad as before.    https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/04/19/gabapentin-neurontin-withdrawal-symptoms-duration/     this is a good site for more information if you haven't already found it.

Hang in there . 

• Posted

Thanks for the link, very informative. Of all the WD symptoms I'm not sure which one I have the worst!! All kind of equal I guess.. Not fun!! 

• Posted

I’m off gabapentin 1 month 23 days now, had been on a low dose for 2.5 months for mild neuropathy in my feet. I don’t experience any tinnitus issues, but others here do. Mine are mostly anxiety, memory loss, balance issues, body heavy, legs weak. And yes, the side effects of gabapentin are so much magnified when coming off, what’s up with that!!! Today was a bad day, but eventually we will all heal. I have a medical appointment coming up and will tell doc about this med. Seems they don’t know and they need to learn that for some patients it can have major side effects!

Seeing as how your sleep issues and anxiety have subsided already, I hope tinnitus will, too..  Keep us posted and wishing you speedy relief. 

• Posted

Thanks for the support.. You know the crazy thing is the original problem it was given to me for (vertigo) is worse than before I took it.. I read that dizziness is the one major side effect and gets worse with withdrawal?? I'm so mad and frustrated just because it was even prescribed to me in the first place. I still cannot figure out why it was thought that it would "cure" my vertigo when it's major side effect is dizziness??? Don't these doctors read anything about what they are handing out????? I hope you get over your'e episodes soon.. It will give me something to look forward to, the more people come out of it, the more chances the rest of us have..  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.