New side effect?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi - waiting to see my GP to discuss coming off amlodipine due to horrible side effects, but the last few days I've been having a heavy sensation and pain in my chest - is this a know side effect? It's giving me anxiety as I've never had this before.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne. I stopped taking Amlodipine 2 days ago for that very reason, I feel like Ive swallowed a boulder and it's sat in my rib cage!! I keep getting very sharp pain when I breathe in, in the lower left of my ribs. Have now been prescribed Losartan for high BP, so am hoping it wont have any horrible side-effects. I would advise anyone prescribed Amlodipine, to proceed with caution.

• Posted

Hi Corrina- thanks. I take losartan with no side effects - hopefully you'll find the same- amlodipine was prescribed in addition as my bp shot up but it's a nightmare - the chest pain is too much. Hopefully find a better alternative! Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.