New side effect from Aledronic Acid?

Posted , 12 users are following.

two weeks into taking th I drug..stomach pain is gone which is good. However, I've been constantly clearing my throat and it started worrying my husband. Never did this before and it's probably been since taking AS that it started. I didn't connect it until I googled it and saw that medications can be a culprit. Had anyone else has this problem?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI I've been taking Alendronic for maybe two years and I have noticed that I am clearing my throat constantly I saw the forum as I had a pill stuck in my throat and had to spit it up and retake it, which frightened me so i googled what may happen as these pills are a constant worry in case they dissolve in my throat and then I saw your post.

• Posted

i have been taking ALENDRONIC acid for over twenty years, with no medical discussion about my prescription. i stopped it myself over a year ago. My symptoms include pain in my upper body, especially when i turn my head, fizzing in my ears, a cough for over two decades. i can no longer sing, its painful to walk too far, soon tired from holding my head up, blurred vision, ear ache, loss of balance. i was told by a dentist, Dr. House that he couldn't recommend implants, simply because i have taken Alendronic Acid for more than four years! my medical practice doctors fail to acknowledge any possibility that this drug could be the cause. Also, it is possible the drug company may have known the potential damage this drug causes, because it was formerly called Fosamax prior to its present name.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.