New skin came out post hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 30 users are following.

Hello. Anyone of you experienced having another "skin" came out after hemorrhoidectomy? I'm on my almost 3rd week and feeling a bit better even during BM but noticed a new skin came out getting larger every day. It's also tender / swelling and a bit painful when being touched so I have problems wiping. My surgeon told me something about "bridge" I forgot and told me it's just a skin and will get smaller eventually. Thank you, everyone. And hugs as I know this is a hella painful procedure. ?

2 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Goodmorning

Im 3 months past op and still have the bridge /tag !

I did try using hem cream to see if that help make it shrink but it didn't !

Im just not sure what to do right now about mine !

Xx

• Posted

Thanks, Lisa. Did the doctor say it's not hemorrhoid? I'm not sure if I should get a 2nd opinion and have it removed by surgery but the thought of the pain makes me cry again. T_T

Btw, is it painful when being touched?

• Posted

No it's deffo not another hem ! The doc said it was a tag , and that it should go down !

Mine isn't sore to touch ! But when I first had op it was all sore and swollen around that area !

When did you have op?

• Posted

Exactly 2 weeks tomorrow. This tag was not there right after operation. After a few days I noticed this small tag and eventually became bigger. My surgeon told me that it's gonna subside in time but reading other posts it does not seem so "soon".

I'm getting frustrated after getting this painful operation and still not getting the relief I dreamed of.

Thinkjng of a 2nd opinion if it's another hemorrhoid or not and what's the best action to have it removed. I am feeling so down right now.

• Posted

I was exactly the same about the tag, I am giving myself until April then I will go back to the surgeon and ask what my options are !

It is such a horrible time for you right now I was crying every day ! It will get better for you ! I honestly didn't see me getting better !

I'm here to chat more with you when you want

Xx

• Posted

I've read somewhere regarding aloe vera that helped the tag to shrunk. Will do more research about that.

Thank you for replying as fast as you can. It helps to talk to someone who experienced the same pain (and frustrations) as I do. One things I am sure right now, this tag will not disappear soon. I just hope the pain will go away so I can walk and sit normal the soonest.

XO

• Posted

Oh i will have to try that ! What sort of cream is it? hem cream ?

I bought a v pillow as I couldn't get comfortable at all and it helped so much ! It is very frustrating!

When have u got a follow up appointment?

• Posted

Will meet my surgeon this Wed.

You can check "aloe vera toothpaste" or "aloe vera topical."

Will also try other alternatives to subside the swelling of this tag. Tbh the part which underwent the surgery isn't painful anymore. It's just the tag that's making it uncomfortable. 🤢

• Posted

Toothpaste ? Lol

Mine is pretty much the sane size it hasn't shrunk at all since I had op !

Here's hoping it will go down in time !

• Posted

I was kinda confused on the toothpaste too lol. Most likely a gel, but of course we need an approval from our doctors before applying anything.

Yes, I hope it will shrink asap (as what the doctors told us 😒wink. Thank you. I'm glad it is normal.

Xx

• Posted

Hi, Lisa. How are you? I hope you're doing great. Btw it's almost a week now since I tried putting on Aloe Vera gel 3x a day on the skin that came out. Also, my doctor gave me diosmin+hesperidin (daflon is the brand) for 3x a day as well. I only started daflon last night but the skin tag is smaller I can tell. And less itchy/painful when touched. I can say it helps. biggrin

Xx

• Posted

Hello P

Yes I'm doing great thanks , my skin tag seems to be going down too ! I hope it goes completely 😉

That's good that yours is also shrinking ! How did the docs appointment go ? Did he say everything is healing nicely ?

Xx

• Posted

Good to know yours is shrinking as well. Will have a check on Wed but he isn't taking a look at it anymore. But will tell him of anything and hopefully no more medicines (except for stool softener, it's hard to live w/o it for now). smile

• Posted

IM in the same boat I went back yesterday because im still tendar She told me she wouldn’t call it a bridge but that’s what it looks like she said it’s excess hemorrhoidal tags that could be removed but that I was fine and It can take up to a year yo yotally recover! they don’t tell you that when you have this done it’s a mind game because you hurt constantly and me I like to look at the mirror I was so worried that they’re all going to come back I have had external hemmies for 28 years and thrombosed for 8 years AND HAD 2 internal prolapased hemmies removed in NOV TOOK OFF WORK UNTIL JAN 3 rd Some days are better than others!

• Posted

I am having the problem. skin came out during the surgery and my doctor told me not to worry. it will subside but I am feeling the pain like death. This is 3rd week after my operation. can you please tell me how long this pain will be and when skin will become normal.

thanks

Dives

• Posted

I’m over four months out and the skin is still there sometimes it swellsl as some people say that it will result in six months is true healing time! As for setting I can’t sit longer periods without aching I do lotta icing still and soaking in warm water be really careful with your diet they say it’s going to get better I’m ready best of luck

• Posted

it's been 2 years since my operation and there's still a small skin tag but it doesn't hurt anymore. I remember that I felt the relief from all of it after 4-5 months. About the skin tag, I applied aloe gel everyday and it really helped cooling down the pain and lessen the skin tag size.

During those periods I really felt frustrated and helpless but trust me, you'll get better.

• Posted

i tried aloe vera gel didnt seem to do anything but i inly tried for a week do you remember how long it took to see results!

• Posted

hi ive had something similar after a thc op and now looks as though all hemmaroids are back but ive also been tokd just swelling. I'm weeks in too and bm getting slightly easier but not much. im also concerned these are hemmaroids not tags! ive put a post up expkaining full situation but not been ok'd yet. Woukd love to hear your comparisons. my heart goes out to all who've had any type of hemmaroid surgery as i cant believe the pain and it was very severe before!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.