New skin came out post hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 30 users are following.

Hello. Anyone of you experienced having another "skin" came out after hemorrhoidectomy? I'm on my almost 3rd week and feeling a bit better even during BM but noticed a new skin came out getting larger every day. It's also tender / swelling and a bit painful when being touched so I have problems wiping. My surgeon told me something about "bridge" I forgot and told me it's just a skin and will get smaller eventually. Thank you, everyone. And hugs as I know this is a hella painful procedure. ?

2 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Its reassuring to read your posts as I have had the same op a few weeks ago and also have a skin tag that is swollen and sore.It wasnt there straight after the op but has got more pronounced over the past week.I really hope it calms down as I cannot face the thought of another op.I have been in a lot of pain and feel absolutely exhausted.I really wasnt prepared for how awful it would be post op.
  • Posted

Yes allo vera can help in reducing sking tags. Some patients find skin tag painful. In that ask doctor for some pain relief medicine... The skin tag dissolve slowly wrt time.
  • Posted

Hello,

I've had exactly the same problem. Skin Tag post surgery. Has been disheartening due to nothing was external to begin with! I've got some aloe vera gel, and will try diosmin+hesperidin over the counter.

I went to the doctor, said no point putting hem cream on it and it was definitely be left with a skin tag. It has got smaller over time but still very much there! This post give me hope for a couple of other tricks left to try.

• Posted

I am just so glad that I am not alone, to hear all of you experience the same thing I am experiencing right now.   I just had my surgery not quite a week ago. And it looks  like I have a very large skin tag.    I’m going out of my mind because I got impacted and had to go to the ER a few days ago and they had to put me under again to pull out my packing and allow me to get going again to pass stool.   I finally did the next day but it only lasted for one day and now I’m stopped up again with a large large large skin tag from hell.    I can’t sit down at all I mean at all I have to lay sideways and walking !!   I can barely make it to my bathroom :-(
    • Posted

Hi Jodi,

I had my hemorrhoidectomy done nearly three weeks ago, had two large hemorrhoids removed.... and honestly it was the most excruciating pain I'd ever experienced in my life.

Luckily I broke through the two week barrier and was finally able to sit for a short period of time. Now on week three I am able to both walk and sit pain free. However, like so many others, I've also discovered large skin tags. I spoke with my doctor and others who have been through this procedure, and they 'say' they will shrink around the fourth and sixth week. I did ask if they would ever go away completely, my doctor said 'no', but (no pun intended), there is hope. Apparently there is a quick surgery where they can remove them, the pain is minimal (compared to what we have all been through already) and the recovery is a few days to a week.

Having said that, my doctor told me I had to wait a couple months before he will remove them, a) to give them time to shrink naturally and b) he said if he does it too soon, they can come back. So I am just going to wait patiently until then. However there is hope, which is a good thing.

If you have other questions or wish to discuss this feel free to contact me... after all it is easier to chat with people who have been through it. I can't talk to my friends about it... because they don't understand how insane the healing process really can be.

Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.... trust me I feel your pain.

Z

• Posted

Hi Zeke,

Hope you are doing well now. it's my 4th week after surgery but still I have pain and swollen skin out side. I am not able to sit and walk properly till now. Can you please tell me when I will be pain free.

Thanks

• Posted

Hello!

I Hope you are still following this! I am 2 weeks post op and i was wondering if you would share the name of your doctor? id like to find out more about the skin tag removal, in case the ones i have do not reduce.

thanks so much for you help!

did you end up having them

removed?

• Posted

hi, just wondering how your skin tags are or if you got them removed? and how your recovery is?

• Posted

Here to join the club. Same exact same thing going on. Sticking out of there, painful to the touch, makes it tough to sit, etc. 

Those of you who are now years out... How long did it take post op to shrink / stop being painful. I can deal with a skin tag as long as it's not this sore/ tender... I'll be damned though if I'm letting anyone near my ass with a knife again though! 

• Posted

hi, just wondering how your skin tags are or if you got them removed?

• Posted

its been over a year for me still have large skin tag hanging out ! Dr said he could numb me up cut it out in the office i opted against that however after more than a year of it getting in the way one stitch and 2 weeks of discomfort seems worth it. I am strongly considering having him snip it off

• Posted

had a hemorrhoidectomy a few weeks ago, didnt notice the skin tag until the day after surgery. it was small at first but has gotten bigger since. it was very tender and sore even though the pain has gone down. im pretty upset i got this surgery only to still suffer from what feels like a large inflamed external hemorrhoid. before surgery my hemorrhoids would only occasionally be external. but this skin tag is permanently external. doctor said he could snip it off in about a month. i will probably opt in. it's mentally draining and hurting my confidence. i hope the swelling goes down, cant wait to get it removed.

• Posted

did your new skin go away? I had a large swelling that got smaller and smaller over 6 weeks. I am at 8 weeks and a little piece is still there...disappointing given all I went through...

• Posted

I am new to this discussion and want to thank everyone for being so open and honest. I feel like I am in a special club with all of you and I LOVE YOU ALL!! this was so painful...and my 1 external and one internal were not bad to begin with...never any pain or bleeding...didnt even know I had an internal one...I did the surgery for vanity really...HUGE mistake. surgeon was definitely not fully straight forward about the INCREDIBLE pain...now I have a tag! given I still have some pain 8 weeks later...just a mild pain with some larger BMs, I'm worried I will never be able to have anal sex again! any folks on here have anal sex following surgery? how long did it take?

• Edited

Hello, im four weeks post op hemorrhoidectomy and still have lots of swelling, pain and discomfort. i had three hemmis removed. one internal and two external along with skin tags removed. it has been the worst experience of my life. how long till this is completely over? i know everyone heals differently. im healing very slow and when i went to see my surgeon its always the same thing. " swelling causes pain and you need to bring down the swelling." only on IB 800 mg. 4 -5 x daily. taking stool softner Miralax. 3-4 liters of water. Eating lightly or hardly eating because ive become depressed. im anxious to get my life back its always one step forward two steps backwards. blood, swelling, pain and discomft. when will this end?

• Posted

I see that this post has a lot of response from people who went through / going through the same. I still have very minimal skin tag, it's very minimal and does not hurt at all.

From what I remember, the skin tag came out days after operation and at least a minimum of 1 month of putting aloe vera gel. It was such a hassle but I'm glad it worked. I actually resigned from my work before operation so I've had the luxury to be in bed most of the time while getting healed for almost two months. Not to mention a very supportive family to help me all throughout the healing process

I also ate Papaya fruit (not sure if this is available to other countries), and it definitely softens your stool.

After operation, my doctor said that hemmorhoidectomy is the most painful operation of all, probably because of what a patient will have to get through after surgery. He did not even mention it before lol. So my advice for others, if it's not required (unlike me who was bleeding then), look for other options.

I hope everyone's doing great now!

• Posted

thank you for the update! i am in same boat at 2 weeks post op. So frustrating but helpful to know rhe aloe vera trick and that this skin tag pain will eventually go away. is there anybody on here who got theirs removed in the office and can speak to that procedure? considering my doctor told me i would be back to my job in a week from hemorroidectomy, i dont trust him or his perception of what the pain will be.

• Edited

Hi Tracy, have exactly the same thing, directly after OP I had 1 big lump, swelling went down during the first week and they became separated and now one is just a round lump but the smaller one just below is the one that aches after BM and I'm sure it will leave a skin tag. I can see that they're getting smaller but obviously it is going to take time.

As stated in the thread, I've also tried aloe vera hemorrhoidcream with 2QR-complex, seems to be helping a bit, also relieves itching. And by the way, that "one week"-BS seems to be some sort of standard everywhere, don't know why, I was also told this, by two surgeons on separate occasions , total BS 😂 And have to say they were very professional in general. But I read alot before even going for an opinion so I knew that probably wasn't true.

• Posted

Hi there,

I had the surgery 11 days ago and today I went to work (only 10 days medical leave) and honestly i was just fine. I didnt have that much pain after surgery, only like 3-4 days and it wasnt sever but the first day. Also I do have lumps post op, however i discussed this yesterday with my Doctor and was advised that if those lumps or skin tags do not disappear in a month, Doctor will perform a minor procedure to remove and will be able to go home right after (shouldnt be that painful).

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

Hi, my skintags are not a problem any more, they did shrink and dont cause any problems. Surgeon said that they are so small that an operation is unnecessary.

• Posted

hello I'm on my 10 days hemorrhoidectomy I also have skin tag it's hurt I'm just concerned about it I didn't have it until after surgery 3 popped out and I don't see the doctor until August 17th please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.