New skin came out post hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 30 users are following.

Hello. Anyone of you experienced having another "skin" came out after hemorrhoidectomy? I'm on my almost 3rd week and feeling a bit better even during BM but noticed a new skin came out getting larger every day. It's also tender / swelling and a bit painful when being touched so I have problems wiping. My surgeon told me something about "bridge" I forgot and told me it's just a skin and will get smaller eventually. Thank you, everyone. And hugs as I know this is a hella painful procedure. ?

2 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I'm a year out from surgery.

Its been quite a journey. All the above has happened. 1 of these patient threads saved my life.

I was bleeding pretty regularly after surgery. The nurse kept telling me it was normal. It was not and i got confirmation from others who had experienced what I had gone through.

Weeks in, I had to go back because it kept getting worse and not better. I couldn't stop bleeding.

The did a second surgery. saved my life.

My point is, community is critical. Collectively sharing truthfully about such a sensitive subject is helpful. Most of what I learned was from you guys and not so much the doctor.

I was so distraught because of the skin tag... I've been back multiple times. He's made me wait an entire year.

My "skin tag" removal is scheduled for Wednesday. My only concern is will removing the skin restrict your anus/rectum from stretching with bowel movement?

I'm just wondering... when you go to the bathroom ...does that skin stretch back out? I think mine does. so had a second thought it needed to be there. However, It seems like a good idea to have that skin gone.

Has anyone had it removed? thx!

• Posted

I would like to know this answer as I have one from surgery I would like removed but have the same concern about it further restricting the flow...

• Posted

I talked to Doctor today about my concerns. sounds like he's done this surgery before. I'm going through it on Wednesday. I'll let you know.

• Edited

thank you...i would love to hear how it compares to the prior surgery! I am not a crybaby by any means, but i was very upset with how the doc underplayed the recovery process which was initially very painful and difficult...hoping your new procedure goes well...

I'm particularly interested in return to work time, amount of discomfort and if it further restricts flow...

kindest regards and best of luck!

• Posted

I'm here at the surgery now. say a prayer. I'm doing this knowing ... in the big picture it will give me freedom from that messy skin tag that's constantly in the way. should be a quick 20 to 30 min. procedure. I'll check back in.

• Edited

GOOD LUCK KATHY!!!

I'm sure it will be fine...it is a "minor" procedure....look forward to hearing about its success!!

• Edited

I'm home. I haven't reached down there yet. Doc said it was very successful. Now the chatter in my head is gone. time to heal. So glad I found this thread. i feel a solidarity with like minded folks on a sensitive topic! Thanks again.

• Edited

ok Peeps!!! I used a flashlight and a mirror. testimony Day one... Bam! looks fab. i feel like i got my rectum back.

thank you for all your support. I feel like a pioneer!

I'll blog here for a while and give you truth of how it unfolds.

• Edited

great to hear! ....lets hear about the recovery pain and recovery time when you are ready! 😉

• Edited

They prescribed oxy's pain meds. I've opted to only use Tylenol. That way is does not add burden of constipation. I'll stay checked in... Thx

• Posted

I spoke too soon unfortunately. I went over everything in length. He said that i would be rolled over on my side and snip it. When i got into the operating room they put my on a surgery table that flips you over. So gravity played its roll. I don't he got the piece he marked. I'm not in pain. it looks like i now have 2 instead of 1 .

Perhaps its just some swelling. as of now i would not recommend. Especially believe them when they saw... I don't know you might get another one.

i thought he meant years later not the day of surgery.

• Posted

hey! curious what the new skin look like?? mine doesnt look like a hem...kinda look like a bunch of wrinkled skin as size of grape. its freaking me out!!! i hope this is not a new hem!

also, does anyone know when it stops smelling back there and when the brown stuff will stop comin out? sorry tmi!!

• Posted

hey does your skin tag hurts you I have three that are popped out after surgery a week later please

• Posted

i have 2. they dont hurt but theyre super uncomfortable and itches like crazy. the doctor told me to use desitin? (baby diaper rash creme) and vaseline to help with itch. im close to 3 months and the bumps have gone down from a huge mountain but still def there. ughh! the dr says its normal. i have a post op appt in 2 weeks so hoping i hear good news about the healing. does yours itch?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.