New Start

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I started taking Orlistat prescribed by my GP on Saturday - my starting weight was 16st 3lbs (227lbs) 103 kilos.  Have had no real side effects.  I am due back at the Doctors in 4 weeks.

Can anyone tell me how much is the average amount of weight I should expect to loses in 4 weeks.

Thanks

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I started at 17st 9lb and lost 11lb in my first 4 week. And lost another 11lb in my second 4 weeks. 

I'm due back to my gp on Friday after 7 week and have lost over a stone 

Good luck

Xx

• Posted

Hello there and Welcome biggrin

This is a hard question to ask as everyone is different and i mean that literally, some have lost a few lbs and others have lost over a stone on the first weigh in so what i would recommend is do all you need to do, keep to the rules and await the surprise in 4 weeks.

If you hear what others have lost and you dont do the same (and considering your weight it wont be as much as someone like me who started off at 22.7 stone) then this is pressure that you dont need and can become demotivating.

People are very supportive on here and will tell you how it is and if you ask a question someone will answer it so welcome and good luck! x

• Posted

Thank you rowenajd and KTD.  I will wait and see.  I am going to try and not weight myself until my Doctor's appt.  finger crossed.

Thank you both again very much.

Anita

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum Anita :-)

In answer to your question, as KDT stated :-)  I personally lost 10lbs in my first month, although I am trying not to get too complacent about it, as I am aware there will be times that weight loss "may" be minimal.

The thing you have to remember is that different people lead different lifestyles, some more active than others. If for instance you want to go at it guns blazing down the gym and follow the fat rules for Oristat along with a calorie controled diet, you could loose a stone or maybe more!

There are quite a few members in this forum that attend Slimming World, as it appears it compliments Oristat. I am hoping to join myself tomorrow as it is just a wee bit of extra support for me.

I hope you will enjoy the forum Anita, I know I do :-) You will get lots of hints and tips to guide you along the way. We have a very nice member called Britany, she is extreamly helpful to all the newbies and has started a great blog about Oristat, which you may like to take a peak at.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi thanks for advice and support. I will be joking the gym next week. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again. 
  • Posted

I lost 1 stone 4 lb in four weekswink I was calorie counting 1300-1400 calories a day and keeping below the 5g of fat rule. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Everyone

My first weigh-in is tonight at 17:50. I started taking the tablets on 19 July.  So far its been good no real side effects - did have slight slip on Sunday - I have been off alcohol for about a month - on sunday had a massive slipup

(4 glasses of wineredface)but avoided the buffet and dessert table.

I will let you all know how I get on.

• Posted

Good luck with your weigh in Anita, fingers crossed for you hun x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.