new start

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wanted to say hi, as havent been on in a while. Went to Scotland for a week and had the most brilliant time with my partner and daughter. Things are looking more positive and i should be with them for good soon. Still not easy from my sons point of view or maybe mine if im honest i am not sure. But we all can move on from this and have a better life. I really do see that now. Had no urge to drink whatsoever when i  was there, absolutely none at all. It was quite amazing actually. Anyway just wanted to say hello to see how you all are too? Keep in touch x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you were getting on. Sounds so much more positive, good on you! Do keep us posted and hope you move to Scotland very soon! Xx
  • Posted

we are all well and thanks for the positive update. Sounds like you did not drink and simply enjoyed yourself and relaxed. Robin
  • Posted

Hi Sharon!

So very glad to hear you have had a good time in Scotland.

Well done for keeping off the alcohol, it must have been a stressful time

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your sonxx

Ps Hubby doing very well on TSM

Regards

JulieAnne x

• Posted

Really glad to hear that - you must feel so good that the wheels are in motion - well done you - courage and determination has won - your boy will be fine - he has a brand new Mum who is being very stong for her fam smile x
  • Posted

Hi Sharon.

Great news. It's good to see positive posts. I had over two weeks dry recently and started looking after myself for the first time in years.

Unfortunately I crashed and burnt and am currently trying to recover again.

I'm hoping to start some volunteer work soon get out the house n make new friends

Those two sober weeks showed me how much more enjoyable my life could be without the hangovers and sickness.

I also wrote to my daughter and received a reply which cheered me up no end. I'm so much more constructive when I'm not drinking. I think it's criminal that I can't seem to get my hand on the meds for TSM. I don't have funds to go private.

Anyway. Take care keep posting.

• Posted

Hi Kelly - just jumping in - crash n burn is a pain in the rear - dust yourself off as they say - keep going hun smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.