new starter!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have just gone into day 2 of the tablets, so far so good, I had a long chat on the phone to a cousellor in the MAP centre yesterday and she talked me through some do's and don'ts. I have stuck to the 15g of fat or under per meal and feel quite upbeat about it, am off out on my work do tonight, lets see how that goes with a full traditional christmas meal!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I started my tablets today and so far I feel Ok, I have a lot of weight to lose and feel determined to do it this time. I have done most diets in the past 5 years and i have always stuggled with my weight. I found this website when considering whether to try orlistat, I found it very friendly and was pleased to see that there are people who are starting taking these tablets at the same time as me - it would be nice to see how we get on.
  • Posted

HI both...

GOod luck.. once you get used to how your body is with the tablets it will get easier..

Countrygirl do you mind me asking how much you have to lose??

I started off 2008 at 23stone 6lb.. I lost around a stone and a half on my own then started the tablets on October the 1st...

I now weigh around 19stone 8lbs

• Posted

Hi,

I have 5 stone to lose, I have to say that so far I have had no side effects and have found that i do not feel hungry like i used too. the tablets are like a deterant as my parter and i went out on saturday night for a drink with some friends. on the way home we called in a the chip shop, i was so proud of myself i didnt have any :D due to fact that i was so scared of what may happen if i had. if i was on orlistat i would have eaten no end.

I'm feeling very positive at the moment about the tablets, however i am worried about the christmas period.

how have you done so far?

• Posted

Yes they are a fab deterrent :lol:

They make you far more concious of what you eat.. Although I don't deny myself anything..I have become more aware..

My problem wasn't that I overate it was the total opposite..I hardly ever ate and when I did it was all the wrong things at all the wrong times..

I used to skip breakfast and have a packet of crisps at around 2pm then have chips and something for tea at around 8pm and I always drank full sugar Pepsi (nothing else)

Since January this year I stopped drinking fizzy juice and only drink No Added Sugar orange squash..I started eating breakfast (forcing myself!!) and lunch and had my tea at 5pm so nothing after 6pm at night..

I lost 2 stone between Jan and July..then went on hols and put about 6lbs back on..

Tried in vain to shift it myself and then went to docs for Orlistat in October..since being on the tabs I have lost a total of 34lbs (total of 54 since January) I am very very happy with the way they are working and hope they continue..SO basically I have lost about 3 1/2 stone and would be happy with another 5 off but to reach my ideal weight for my height I need another 8ish off...

You get used to how your body feels with them and you learn to judge when you need a toilet quick LOL..

I have nearly been caught out once or twice but luckily was in the house both times and those were both within the first month of taking them..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.