New Starter - Headaches anyone?

Posted , 7 users are following.

A big hello to all on the forum!    biggrin

I have just started on the Orlistat journey and, wondered if anyone had experienced headaches when beginning to take them. I am on day 3 and have noticed I have a dull headache that I cant seem to get rid of. 

I know that Orlistat has side effects for some, but just wondered if headaches have affected anyone and if they subside sooner rather than later?

Thanks folks for all replies!

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Yep had headaches for a couple of weeks all normal along with some nausea and stomach pains (not side effect pains)

It will go in a couple of weeks

X

• Posted

Thanks Britney! I dont want to start down the path of, 'oh is this a side effect of the Orlistat' with every little niggle, but up until taking them, didnt have the headaches.

Ive noticed feeling 'windy' enough to go and privately 'blow' to release the pressure (sorry is this TMI? lol), but have felt fine otherwise.

Im a bit confused as to whether I should be eating very low fat as it states in the patient information leaflet not to take if there isnt fat in your meal? Im just keeping fat to a minimum and hoping for the best. My GP who is great, just prescribed and didnt actually advise. By chance I stumbled upon this great forum! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

• Posted

Hi Dawn

Your welcome

wind is very common as long as there is no orange oil you will be fine.

If you ate salad on its own or fruit and non fat yogurt for breakfast lunch/dinner do not bother taking as there is no fat present.

only take when you have the 3 big main meals of the day

Make sure your food is 5g per 100g no more than that 15g fat per meal and no more than 45g fat a day. I cannot ey 45g fat a day most people on these don't as long as your satisfied and full that's all that matters

X

• Posted

Thats great info Britney! Even my own GP didnt suggest counting fat grams and just gave me the prescription. I looked on other websites etc but most people were saying just follow a Rosemary Conley Diet... but I want choice, whatever I am in the mood for (of course now fat gram counted). I almost rebel when I am faced with a diet sheet already planned out. Im now on day 4 and feel so positive just through finding this site. Thanks so much for your help! smile
    • Posted

That is great Dawn i think with anything in life if you want to suceed you have to be in the right frame of mind and you sound like you are! which is all good. I have always said the Doctors don't care it's easier for them to write out a prescription than taking 5 minutes to explain medication blimming ignorant!

The webiste you mention was it one starting with the letter M by any chance? if it wasn't please ignore there is another website which deals with all different diets and they are the most cliquey bunch of  XXXXXXX ever!

no problem and your welcome

Britney

X

• Posted

Today is day 4 for me and yesterday I had a headache too. I also felt quite weak so I blended up a fruit smoothie with 0%fat yoghurt and drank water and felt much better

I slept amazing last night so im hoping i was just tired and today is a new day and sunday is bootcamp session at the gym which I love smile

hopefully the headache will subside

• Posted

Thanks huskylover, today its better than it was, just a very mild dull ache. But everyone says to drink lots of water, so Im going to keep doing that. I shuddered when you mentioned a gym bootcamp session... at this weight I can only just manage swimming, which Im going to go to three times a week. biggrin
    • Posted

Its taken alot of sweat blood and tears to do gym, I did 6mths of PT at home first (plus dog walking). Got fitter, lost about half a stone but a year on I still have 3 stone to loose. I do loads of exercise so clearly my 'what I considered to be healthy' diet needed a new phase...so here I am.

Well done on the swimming, one of the PT's on biggest loser lost their weight thru swimming and diet

ive found it helpful to do exercise during the summer when it was too hot for anything els

• Posted

Hi, I had quite bad headaches for a few days, maybe six, I put it down to my sugar and fat intake being dramatically reduced and stopping drinking diet coke, but it's funny how our bodies adapt. good luck on your journey xx
    • Posted

Thanks cathryn! I too have stopped the diet coke. I would two or three cans a day. I havent had one since I started, so perhaps its the lack of caffeine. Your well wishes mean a lot... I will keep everyone posted on my first months loss! cheesygrin
    • Posted

Coke Zero has no sugar and tastes great when super chilled!!! No fat, no sugar, only 4/5 calories so it's a great replacement 
  • Posted

Hi Dawn,

Headaches are just your body reacting to less sugar and rubbish in your diet. Drink masses of water and they should go. Make sure you are not eating too little as that can also cause headaches. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for replying Lily... Yes I am trying to get as much water down me as I can. Its not as bad today, hopefully, like everyone says, its in those first initial days/week. I am so pleased I stumbled across this forum. So many useful tips and positive experiences!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.