New Starter on Orlistat - Under Active Thyroid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone.

I am due to start today and wondered what your experiences are.

i have had issues losing weight since being diagnosed with an under active thyroid 4 years ago and take 75mg of levothroxine.

I have being trying to lose weight with slimming world and exercising! & currently on week 8 of couch to 5k without much success.. I have cut alcohol out for June.. but weight loss has been very slow and most weeks weight has stayed the same..

blood tests show thyroid are within range do ive been prescribed Orlistat

ive got 4 stone to lose and BMI is currently 31.2

Jill x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi jill, ive recently come across your post and wondered how youve been getting on with the orlistat? our history is similar; i take 100mg levothyroxine and my bmi is 33. im on day 2 of taking orlistat and really hoping it results in some weight loss as ive been trying through diet and exercise for a year now with no luck. hoping to come across some success stories to motivate me!

• Posted

Hi Jill

I started taking these last week, - 4lbs down which I'm pretty happy with and no side effects. I'm not sure if that's because they are not working or because I am sticking to a very low fat diet. Although fat free greek yogurt is NOT the one! I bought pant liners 'just in case' but no issues so far.

• Posted

It seems your working out is working. Keep doing your thing, and try to eat healthy also and try health store supplements. Its artificial goodness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.