New strange symptom

Posted , 9 users are following.

Something new and out of the blue today. I went out to walk my dog and all of a sudden it looked like it was raining glitter! It stayed with me for a few moments and then went away. I continued my walk but not feeling well. Came home and took a hot bath. Still feeling strange I took my blood pressure and it was first 154/84 and heart rate 119. I usually have very low bp, thought maybe the hot bath raised it, but then read hot bath should lower bp. But now my anxiety is kicking in worrying that I’m having a stroke or something. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, I don't think your having a stroke..I was like that today thinking the same thing with how I was feeling, I must self don't feel good..but what ever it was with you it's hormones doing it try not to let your thoughts like me run away with ya it can happen, hope it doesn't come back, get well soon.

• Posted

It may have been an adrenaline rush. If it will make you feel better talk to your doctor about it. He or she will probably just have you monitor your BP.
  • Posted

Hey there glitter sister, I thought I was the only weird one who was having these, I had it today for a bit, but last time I had it before today I was driving and it looked like silver glitter rain was coming down, such that I told my hubby "why does the rain looked silver," he said, "you need to see your menopause doctor," I ask why, he said because this menopause thing is making you see weird things. So I said you "mean to tell me the glitters not real," he said" yes, baby." It lasted until the rain stopped like 3-5 mins later. Then hubby asked "do you still see glitter?" I said, "no the rain stopped," he said "thank goodness." He was a huge help, and so understanding.

But of course, before all this ever started I would beat him up way too many times to treat me with care, lol, so it was my doing he treated with care & understanding, even though I thanked him for being understanding, he said, well, I still remember the arm punches so it's best if I just understand. Looking in hindsight that cracks me up, lol.

• Posted

My husband was walking with me when this happened. It’s like he’s kind of immune to all this stuff now. Like the boy who cried wolf. I kept asking him if both my sides of my mouth were smiling and if I was making sense while talking. 

Ugh. We could really be having a stroke and just blame it on hormones. 

He was like, you’re ok, it’s stupidpause. I’ve trained him well. 

• Posted

Dear Suzanne

Did you have like zig zag flasing in your vision? I have occular migraines and with these you get these auras , it isnt like a rain image more zig zags or c shape prisms x

• Posted

This time no. But I’ve had the lightening flashes at the side of my right eye in the past. 

This was definitely like silver glitter raining down. 

My husband had brought home chocolate fudge and before I went out to walk I shoved the whole thing in my mouth. Just can’t control myself. So maybe the chocolate gave me a caffeine rush? I’m pretty much completely caffeine free.

Idk, I’m not going to the doctor though. Been there done that all last year. No sense. 

• Posted

Lol! No explanation needed...it was fudge! Could have been the caffeine ..or just the sun. We drive ourselves crazy trying to justify symptom randomness...I am getting better at chalking it up to meno. But that lil voice is always saying.....what if it's not?! Then that symptom stops and another surfaces and I remember that I made it through then and I will make it through this one too. We gotta change the dialog in our heads.

• Posted

The lightening flashes are called posterior vetrious detachment. I went to my opthamlogist and he diagnosed me. He said it's common in people over 50 and who are nearsighted. The floaters are also.

• Posted

Thanks Juanita, good to know. Now, I won't have to run to my ophthalmologist to find out what it is.  As of late it's been driving me nuts, since I've been seeing flashing for the past few days off & on near the corner of my left eye. 

• Posted

You're welcome 😊But when you see your opthomalogist tell him about it so he can officially diagnose you.

• Posted

Hi Suzanne....the first time that happened to me was 3 years ago while I was in New Orleans on Bourbon Street. No..I was not drinking..yet. scared the bejesus outta me..thought it was a stroke but no. Went to doc..sent me to eye doc...who said it was a large floater. More meno madness!! She said everything was fine and that it would eventually float back to where it came from, but it woo uld always be there. She was right. Sometimes at night I can see the "glitter" in my peripheral, but since I know what it is it no longer scares me. Go get checked, but try to relax. Your pressure was high because your anxiety level was. Hugs...

• Posted

Thanks Katy. That makes sense because I went out in the sunshine. I had my eyes checked last year with an ophthalmologist and all was fine. Plus the brain MRI, etc.. was all normal. 

I do see lots of black floaters when I look at a blank wall. 

So I know I have those. It makes sense. Right away though I started googling, amazing how a new symptom can throw me right back in to the old anxiety crap. 

• Posted

Yep! We have to stay away from Dr. Google...
    • Posted

Dr Google is bad. Dr. Google will make you think bad thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.