New style ESA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was accepted on New style as last year, the payments I receive is universal credit but I am in the support group on ESA...

this whole process has always been really confusing to me.

I believe I am on this as I have paid enough national Insurance in the last 2 years?

my claim will shortly be coming up to a year where I will be re assessed, if I am found to still be able to claim due to I'll health, will this be the same new style contributions based or?

I would really like some advice as DWP don't really tell you anything.

thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

new style ESA is paid 2 weekly. do you mean that it's included in your UC calculation?

if you are reassessed and still found to be in the'support' group

your benefit will continue. If you're found to be in the limited capability for work group you will change over to UC

• Posted

If you are only recieving the one payment from UC you are not on new style ESA, just UC

• Posted

I get paid monthly, I get UC and also from ESA, that's what Is stated on my online journal. I am in the support group limited capability for and work related activities x

• Posted

it's hard to advise without seeing how they have calculated your award. ESA both income related and contribution based/new style would be paid 2 weekly then this would be deducted as an income from your UC award.

Either way, as long as you're still found to be in the limited capability for work related activity group, you would continue in that group

• Posted

HI,

Yes, your ESA payments are deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payments. For ESA work capability assessments they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. The time they give you is just a guide.

Your payments will continue until you're next re-assessment. This could be before the 1 year or even after this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.