New Symptom!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I posted a few days ago about some of my symptoms and that my right side and hip were hurting. That finally subsided and I am feeling better. The new scary issue is that the past few nights I have woken up out of a deep sleep with my heart racing and when I sit up I get sweaty and feel like I will pass out. Anyone else have this happen? Anyone know what the cause is? I did have my heart checked a few months ago and it was okay and I took my blood pressure with my at home kit and it was okay too. It is so scary to wake up like that and now I feel nauseous and scared to go back to sleep! Any insight is appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Shanna, you didn't mention your age so I'm wondering if you could be nearing menopause. Also, this sometimes happens from dreams. Since my mid-30s, I've had to slow down the way I sit up/get up after sleep. Mine is mainly due to muscle & joint issues, but if I sit up too quickly I sometimes feel faint.

If this happens again, check your heart rate for a full minute. Your heart can beat a lot faster for a while without necessarily raising blood pressure. It could make one feel faint at sitting up.

• Posted

I am 40 so I don't think I am nearing menopause yet...at least I don't think so!

• Posted

Hi Shanna, I suggest you testing your thyroid functions. The symptoms sound like hyperthyroidism to me.
  • Posted

I was having this happen to me and I had my hormone levels checked, they were deficient. Thyroid should be checked as well. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.