New symptom 5 weeks post op

Posted , 2 users are following.

It feels like I have bruising right under my belly button. I am okay if I don't move, but when I get up off the couch or similar, it feels like I have a big bruise. I had the worst bruising under my belly button after surgery, but did not have this pain. My bruising is 99 percent gone. It will be 5 weeks in 1 day, since my surgery. Anyone else get a new symptom 5 weeks post op?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hello , I am 2 weeks past on Saturdays including my gallbladder and gall stone removal . I'm getting the same pain in and around my belly button as you describe, some times it horrific and I thought I was going to be readmitted to hospital . the nurse told me to support the area as I stand up etc but it's sore to press . I hope it gets easier as the healing goes on and def think it's internal bruising x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.