New symptom anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had a burning sensation that starts in the back and goes all the way up to the neck? Is this a symptom that goes with bowel/Anal cancer? Getting a colonoscopy in a month but I’m not sure I can take all of these emotions for that LONG. I am at the end of my rope. No sleep for me tonight. Calling in sick today....no sick days left.  Where do I go??? Emergency room?? So frustrating. Thanks in advance. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Heidi. I can't say that I have experienced that symptom but if it is that severe and your doctors appointment is not until a month out I would go to the hospital. If its something serious you need help now. Please let us know what you find out. God bless. Diane

• Posted

Heidi sorry this is late I just saw this post I'm not a doctor but it sounds more like an issue with your spine maybe as herniated disc or vertebra pinch I haven't had much luck with er they tell me from an er stand point unless losing bowel or bladder function they told me I had to see a neurologist good luck to you I understand your frustration as I have multiple systemic problems they say we are not given any more than we can handle but sometimes we question that easy to say but try to stay strong hope things get better for you

• Posted

Hey Heidi I am in my second remission for anal cancer . I do have a small stoma living a normal life now and doing great the side effects I had was constant constipation could hardly pass my stools or sit without pain when I was able to. Pass any stools there was burning blood and very painful. My tumor was on the spinctor. 2 years have come and gone since radical surgery and I am doing great. Hope that answers some of your questions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.