New Symptom - Anyone have this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I swear every other week it's something new for me sad

This week my face has been sore with a headache over my forhead/temples. My sinus's feel sore/pressure on my cheek bones/bridge of nose. My jaws are sore & feels like my nodes are swollen underjaw/neck but I don't feel anything! Ugh always something with this fibro & I hate running to the doctors all the time. So anyone else get a sore face/jaw? Kinda feels like I have been chewing gum for hours or I have been laughing to hard, ya know the feeling, when you have a great belly laugh & wow your cheeks get sore smile 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Was wondering if this could be TMJ disorder as well? Anyone have this? Symptoms sound similar?
  • Posted

Hi pam I know how you feel I have had this since last week n sometimes feel like my head is going to explode know what you mean by the way your jaws feel they r so sore that u don't want to eat or yawn as it is sore I have been using steam to help sinuses' n it seems to have eased off a bit hope this helps u a bit take care

Gentle hugs xxxxxxx

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, I will try the steam for the sinus's & see if it helps, thanks for the tip. I am wondering if the feeling of swollen nodes is actually inflammed muscles I am feeling under the jaws area? hmmmm who knows with this Fibro sometimes rolleyes
  • Posted

Just to add my two pence worth this is an excerpt from " notes from an endocrinologists lectures" normally hypothyroid and hyperthyroid disease does not cause localized pain in the throat neck or referred pain to the face or dental structures . One exception that occasionally occurs is pain that arises from hashimoto thyroiditis which is an autoimmune inflamatory disease of the thyroid gland . It can cause painful or tender enlargement of the thyroid and in a small percentage of cases pain can be referred to the mandible or other submandibular sites ! NOTE : the mandible is the lower jaw submandibular is the area below the jaw. I know you have been diagnosed with fibro but hashimotos ( autoimmune thyroiditis) is the biggest cause of hypothyroidism and the many symptoms for CFS/ fibromyalgia are much the same as hypothyroidism from the pain in joints and muscles , foggy brain lack of concentration, pins and needles , numbness , headaches , dizziness, insomnia, tremors, palpitations low energy and dreadful fatigue etc etc . Thyroid blood tests will benormal until your gland has become so damaged or completely destroyed and because of this thyroid disease will be dismissed ad you are left to suffer . Even if you have been diagnosed with hypo and prescribed thyroxine (T4) but still unwell you maybe hormone resistant in which case you probably need T3 added or natural desiccated thyroid for you to become pain free and well . Best wishes sy 
    • Posted

I have had my thyroid tested so many times over the years & it always comes back normal. I have also read over the years different info on hypothyroidism & how many doctors say that fibro doesn't even exsist. And that if everyone was treated for hypothyroidism even if they have normal range in blood test, then symptoms will improve!? 

• Posted

The best test to diagnose if one has fibromyalgia/ CFS/ or thyroid is with a trial of thyroid replacement hormone this is usually thyroxine ( T4 ) but some researchers say T3 (  Triiodothonine ) is best because that is the active hormone while T4 has to convert to T3 before you will feel well and some patients are hormone resistant and don't convert easily! 
  • Posted

I get these symptoms too. I have been diagnosed with tmj...but I also get sinus headaches. Really bad around my eyes and forehead. I've tried taking half a pill of sinus decongestant but this can interact with medications, so check with Dr. I also found relief with icing. For tmj its an ongoing struggle. Massage can help. Once I had my Dr give me a trigger point injection and I felt relief right away. It's an ongoing struggle. I also get a sore enlarged lymph node on the left side of my face when I'm in a flare. It's usually a sign a flare is coming. I never thought it would be a sign of something else going on because my thyroid results come back positive too. Is there tests I can ask my Dr to do ?
    • Posted

What do you men by tests I can ask my doctor to do? In regards to fibro? 
    • Posted

Oh I mean to see if I have a thyroid problem because of the enlarged lymph node.
    • Posted

An enlarged lymph node is usually in response to your body fighting something, if you have hypothyroidism, I'm not sure your swollen lymph node is because of this 

• Posted

Pam , lilyflower , yes lymph nodes swell because  the body is fighting some kind of infection or inflamation . When you have autoimmune thyroiditis (hashimoto disease) antibodies are attacking the thyroid gland continually causing  inflamation and slowly destroying the gland . As I wrote earlier , in a few cases this can  causes pain and discomfort around the  face structure jaw ear neck teeth neck throat , this seems to be rare as all the GP s doctors and endos I have seen over the many years  did not know this fact and always told me this pain was not connected to thyroid as hashimotos does not present itself this way and is painless!!  It is not the hypothyroidism causing this it is the autoimmune disease!! I am obviously one of those small percentage of people that have this type of pain and it is possible those of you having similar symptoms are in that small group.  Hashimotos is the biggest cause of hypothyroidism which in turn gives you all the miriad of symptoms I mentioned earlier which are much the same as for CFS/ fibromyalgia . There are specific blood tests for hashi which GP s ver rarely ask the labs for , PEROXIDASE and  ANTITHYROGLOBULIN ! A thyroid ultrasound would be a good idea as it may show either enlargement or shrinkage and inflamation or nodules or goiter . Any of these will stop the thyroid gland from working properly and that gland affects every part of your body if it is not doing its job you will become very poorly . The usual TSH andT4  tests that GP s ask for will almost always come back from the lab normal so Throid will be dismissed . Hope this helps  . 
  • Posted

I get really bad sinus issues too..especially here in Oz this time of the year...ive had it almost as long as Fibro..30years, before fibro i had it for about 3 yrs but it just got got much worse, very sensitive to eveything..like all our issues grr, it definitely is worse for fibro sufferers however if your concerned id have a dr check it.😙

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.