New symptom- esphogeal spasms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is fine and hanging in there. I have been having issues with food intake as well as swallowing. I was seen by a neurologist today who believes I may have esphogeal spasms and possibly another underlying condition due to my dryness. I thought it way Celiac disease as I lost sooo much weight, lost of appetite and my throat gets irrated with almost every meal I have and believe me the portions are ridiculously small. 70% of the time, im not even hungry...I eat because I want to get healthier but most times I can't get past a zucchini and a nutritional drink. I wanted to know if anyone else has epsophageal spasms. Its really difficult to control my throat especially after meals. I get a sense of bloating and pain in my chest and its hard to belch. I can see my throat spasing out. Its almost like my throat has hiccups. Also there are moments during the day were my throat is so dry it hurts and moments I'm producting an excess amount of saliva. It almost feels like im choking on my own drool. Please let me if anyone has similar experiences.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ears eyes and mouth are connected. Just very occasionally I have had a feeling of drooling. But I regularly have a runny nose sensation. Many times in restaurants I've taken my serviette to dab at my nose even though there's minimal mucus it feels worse than it is

• Posted

Should say; ears eyes nose and mouth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.