New symptom - head pressure and headaches for the past week...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

So I've been dealing with varying symptoms for the past 4 or so months and they come and go. Fatigue and nausea have been persistent (most other symptoms have passed such as night sweats, muscle soreness, etc.) but this past week I've been getting head pressure that sometimes develop into headaches throughout the day. I'm worried that this is something else as most other symptoms have gone and I haven't gotten headaches previously. Has anyone else dealt with this on a daily basis over 4-5 months after diagnosis?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eric

I am at month 10 now, and still quite sick. Right now I am feeling pretty great presumably because I usually feel much better after having a cold or being sick on top of the mono. I too have headaches from time to time. It seems to happen mostly when I am sloppy with my eating and drinking habits, and it goes to long between meals. I don't usually feel so hungry, but can feel the headache coming on if I don't eat regularly. Have you tried to pay attention to if it might be connected to your eating habits?

Arne

• Posted

hey Arne,

thanks for the reply. unfortunately it seems to be happening everyday for the past week or so regardless of my diet (and i dont drink at the moment). its just weird to have this come on so late into my mono recovery so im wondering if its even related.

• Posted

By drinking I meant drinking water an such, not alcohol. I also think it is quite weird to get new symptoms. I don't think I've gotten any new symptoms that i did not have the first month. But that said I understand that this virus expresses itself in many different ways. Some don't get sick, some do. Some get this symptom and some that... Of course you can get sick with something else just as when you do not have mono. But I feel like the chance of this just being mono is high. Just a feeling though, who knows. I don't :p Hope you get better soon!

• Posted

I'm almost 5 months in and have been getting the head pressure (mostly concentrated around the front/face) and headaches too. Everytime I'm hit with a new symptom I'm like 'how can this be the virus still??!'...but I think it probably is 😦

• Posted

oh man i totally feel your pain. if its not one thing its another! how often do you get the headaches/pressure? what other symptoms do you still have?

• Posted

As of about a week ago I get it every day, which is why it's freaking me out - at almost 5 months in, I don't understand how I can be getting a completely new symptom?

Are yours concentrated around your forehead/temples/eyes/sinuses?

To make this utter sh!tshow even worse, my joint pain has suddenly come back with a vengeance. I had bloods done this week to see if the EBV has flared back up, but my bloodwork only shows a previous infection.

This virus is a freaking nightmare.

• Posted

Wow we're basically in the same boat at this point! The fact that I'm having an additional symptom like this (on a daily basis!) has really set my anxiety through the roof. It's hard to say if this is something post viral or something worse but the stress it's causing is debilitating. I get it in my temples as well as the back of my head for the most part. I may end up going for an MRI because at this point idk what else to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.