New Symptoms after being diagnosed with Ovarian Mass/Cyst. HELP !

Posted , 5 users are following.

ER found a right ovarian mass/cyst. 

Right pelvic/abdominal discomfort (Feels like a pinching pain and sometimes dull aching)

Leg pain that radiates between front and back of legs and thighs

Abdominal pain and frequent urination (sometimes get diarrhea)

Does anyone else have these symptoms with an ovarian cyst?

I would love any opinions/thoughts you guys have.

THANK YOU !!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Yes, I had a dull ache that builded up as time went on and I found it was really bad at by nighttime. Hard to sleep some nights and I had to urinate more frequently. I found I was getting constipated all the time and it just added to the aches and being uncomfortable! It also Radiated to my hip.

It’s all par for the course with cysts.smile

• Posted

I had extreme pain in my right upper thigh and hip. Turns out the cyst which was medically classified as 'huge' was pressing on my hip and surrounding nerves. I thought it was that i was working out too hard on the stairmaster or elliptical. But once the cyst was removed the pain subsided completely. 

• Posted

When you think about it, symptoms would be much like a pregnacy. You have something growing in your uterine area so it will change your hormones and press against your bladder causing you to urinate more. Sometimes it makes you appear 6 months pregant as it did with me. All this dissipates after its removal.
    • Posted

Yes, I never had kids but would imagine it to be similar. The part I was nervous about was they said I was hi risk for it rupturing! I had to wait for 3 months for the surgery and was not allowed to do any exercise, sudden fast movements or lift anything heavy etc... it was crazy! Glad it’s iver and all went fine!
  • Posted

Well I’m 48 and i have all the symptoms you describe so for the past 10 days i have been nauseated with lower pelvic full pain mostly on the left side with pressure also my legs hurt . Last night I couldn’t take it anymore and my husband took me to the ER I experience a pain like UTI combine with labor pains.  They gave me a shot and sent me home and today I had a ultrasound which I will get the results Monday . 
  • Posted

2 weeks ago I was rushed to hospital with acute abdominal pain just like someone sticking a knife up between my legs. Pain in kidney area and constipation. Was thought to be appendicitis but following pelvic ultrasound discovered a ruptured cyst on right ovary and a large complex cyst on left. Sent home with pain relief. I have returned to work but have never experienced tiredness like this before. My CA125 blood test came back normal and I am having CT scan on Monday. As I'm 52 and had a hysterectomy5 years ago I'm going to have the ovaries removed asap and just face up to menopause . Every now and then the abdominal pain returns and a dull ache in kidneys but nothing like it was. I'm not looking forward to the op as had a horrendous time following hysterectomy and concerned it might be similar. I find this forum really interesting to read all the different experiences people have had/are having with ovarian cysts. I truly sympathise.

• Posted

I have friends who have had hysterectomies and having ovaries removed is nothing close to that - don’t worry you will be just fine! And just think, once you have that done you should have no more issues at all in that dept! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.