New Symptoms in the Last Few Weeks - Anyone Else Get This?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last few weeks I have been getting a tight throat feeling along with itching on neck and chest, like in the collarbone area. Not intense itching, just a couple of times a day.  At first I thought maybe some backed up lymph nodes. I also get the hoarse voice off and on with it and an almost acid feeling in my throat. It's very weird. These symptoms are freaking me out. I started wondering about reflux because Gaviscon seems to do something for it. I was on Tecta twice a day (Pantoprazole Magnesium), but it didn't seem to be working, so I just switched to Dexilant 6 days ago. So far it's not making much of a difference. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In terms of the tight throat you might be interested in a posting I made earlier today on this forum. Please look for - :

LPR .... A possible - and different - contributing factor ... Something to consider ... in Reflux Oesophagitis Category

• Posted

I saw it - I am seeing a chiropractor for sliding hernia etc. It's only been 3 weeks, but so far no difference with his care.  Actually, I have wondered if the chiro adjustments have contributed to making this throat thing worse.
  • Posted

Bless you, dolphin.  Actually when I was originally told about this - vis a vis the cervical consideration - it was by a lovely doctor at King's College Hopsital (her own father had been a sufferer and had gotten relief from Physiotherapy). She did make a very emphatic point to me to NOT go to a chiropractor for fear of the situation that you may have found youself in.  I had a very good session at the Marble Arch branch of London Physiotherapy privately prior to getting on the NHS lists.  It has helped.  At least it has taken the fear about it away ... and much of the symptoms.  It is now controlable.  Hope that helps.  
  • Posted

That can be from stress, stress trigger all different problems. Once I had dry cough for a year, doctors was going crazy, one only was straight on the spot and he said it is from stress, my mother told me that also before. He was right. Check your Ph balance with litmus paler also. For sure is acidic. Go on alkali diet it will help, it is like vegan, just for some time and later keep 70/30. For reflux, zantac, some  priobiotics.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.