New symptoms. Long post, sorry.

Posted , 3 users are following.

In September of this year my doc diagnosed me with gastritis. I didn’t have an endoscopy done, she just felt around on my abdomen and stomach. I was having pain under my right rib that wrapped around to my back and constant indigestion. She said to take Zantac twice a day. I took it for a month and then stopped because I started feeling better. However a couple of days ago I started feeling pain again. But this time I feel it in different places, like my right shoulder blade and sometimes right lower back. It’s weird and is completely freaking me out! I’m calling my doc tomorrow but wanted see if maybe someone else has experienced this with gastritis? I’ve had blood tests, I’ve have my liver kidney and pancreas tested, I’ve had a d dimer, an X-ray of my upper back and chest, urinalysis and an abdominal ultrasound. All have come out normal. This all was back in end of September. I’m 26, don’t smoke, hardly ever drink, no drugs, I’m not the healthiest eater, been trying to change that lately. But I’m freaking out it’s my liver. I don’t have any other symptoms, like nausea or jaundice or not feeling well. Just this annoying pain sad.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dev0815

Perhaps it would be a good idea to keep a food diary and see if a pattern emerges with trigger foods..such as fried foods and spicey foods. Try gluten free bread no fizzy drinks..take probiotic tabs for good gut flora and biopot yogurts...plenty of water and no citrus fruit. Cook with olive oil or cocunut oil..east fish chicken and veggies not too much broc sprouts cabbage as they cause gas...making a dietry change and being kind to your stomach can help with gatritis..it helped me.....my best wishes to you..

• Posted

Hi Lilian, thank you for your reply. I’m glad to hear your gastritis is better! I slept terribly last night. I deal with health anxiety so every ache and pain scares me and makes me think the worst sad. I’ve taken a zantac but the ache is still there. I’ve had a heating pad on to see if that will help, nothing. I haven’t thought to try a food diary, definitely will need to do that! Thank you again!
    • Posted

Hi Dev0815

Happy to help Dev0815...keep us posted with an update....my very best wishes with your food diary.....

• Posted

Thank you Lilian! Just got back from doc and I go to have a HIDA scan done the 27th. A little nervous but maybe at least I will know if this is my gallbladder or not.
    • Posted

Hi Dev0815

Will be thinking of you on the 27th....i do hope you get a firm diagnosis. It's half the battle when we know what we are dealing with!!...my very best wishes..keep us posted and updated....ciao for now...

• Posted

A little bit like mine dev. For 14 weeks I've been having left pressure under n around ribs pain in both arms shoulders n then went round to lower back right across. I was diagnosed also with gastritis only by examination tho. Had two visits to a n e. Through electric shock pain, to cut v long story short i was given omperazole taking every night I've had 13 days worth pain in back has gone. But now get cramping in legs at night pain around left rib still there I've had countless blood tests n having second scan tomorrow not had endoscopy all bloods fine apart from raised liver levels 

• Posted

I do not smoke or drink do not eat fatty foods or spicey foods 
    • Posted

Hi Royalty, thank you for your reply! I was given omeprazole but decided to stick with the Zantac. I hate starting new medicines. Silly, I know. If you don’t mind me asking, what happened about your raised liver levels? I hope you are able to get relief soon! I know what you’re feeling and it isn’t fun. 
    • Posted

Hi dev, well I have autoimmune liver disease also and take steriods for it and immunosuppressants so I'm not sure really if the gastritis is actually putting liver imflamation up. I'm having fibroscan tomorrow second one in 8 weeks so hopefully I could know more very soon I will def keep you posted. How are you feeling now. 

• Posted

Good luck on your fibroscan!! You’re in my prayers. Currently I’m still feeling the same sad. Just got back from doc and she prescribed me omeprazole and I’ve set up a HIDA scan for the 27th. Nervous but it’ll give me answers about my gallbladder. She did press on my liver and said it feels fine, which makes me feel 100% better but still have the pain sad
    • Posted

Thankyou Dev, thinking of you too and hope you improve with the omperazole. I must admit it took around 10 days to see an improvement with the omperazole but I'm actually feeling better since taking it to how I did feel . So keep your chin up. Hope you find out more having the hida scan I haven't heard of that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.