new symptoms or anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can't quite get my head round this Chronic Pain syndrome that my GP has said I have - he also said myalgia / fibromyalgia - not sure what the differece is.....he had me in tears as I had gone to see him about other aches and pains, generally head and intense nausea that in my mind were too bad to be nothing but he asked about my year (I haven't seen him since last year when he did a pile of investigations which all proved normal) and I told him my Mum had died and I cried because I miss her so very much, I feel like I have a huge gaping hole where my heart is. He advised me to have counselling but I am not keen (I am a trained counsellor.....granted many years ago but I really don't want to keep looking back, I want to look forward and just feel I have had so much to do prior to Mum dying looking after her for so long, and afterwards dealing with all the things that need sorting, that I haven't had time to grieve)

Deep breath - anyhow....he gave me duloxetine, and metoclopramide for the nausea, bloods to be done and see him again in a month. The duloxetine give me those horrid almost grinding sensations to my jaw, and the metoclopramide staves off the sickness until I need another one, but it isn't diminishing at all.

Part of what we discussed were the headaches, which still persist, and also this "flushing" sensation I get to my chin and cheeks in the very early evening. Tonight this is continuing as I write but I have a strange sensation that feels it is spreading out from my sternum like a pair of wings across the top of my chest. I have never had this before. Is this normal for FM?

Also I have a pain in my left hip which is the length of my thigh, down the side, when I walk. I have had this for around 7 weeks but never got the chance to discuss this with him, and now I worry that everything gets lumped under FM when in fact I may need a hip replacement.

sorry for rambling on. I just feel worried that I don't know what is down to FM and what is down to something else. Thank you x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi tealover

first of all im so sorry for your loss!!!! Next well id almost find another Gp the GP CAN ORDER Xrays and they will tell you whats going on in your hip and if you need to be referred to an orthopedic surgeon!then id go to a Rhuematologist to make sure you have Fibro Only a Rhuematologist can test you properly for fibro.

lori

• Posted

hi tealover

first of all im so sorry for your loss!!!! Next well id almost find another Gp the GP CAN ORDER Xrays and they will tell you whats going on in your hip and if you need to be referred to an orthopedic surgeon!then id go to a Rhuematologist to make sure you have Fibro Only a Rhuematologist can test you properly for fibro.

lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.