New the Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just started to take Orlistat & have been shopping to stock up on things I can  eat with under 15g of fat per meal. Are fruit & veg (apart from potatoes) free food to eat as snacks?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, most fruit and veg is ok, just remember that the tablets can't tell the difference from good fat and bad fat so things like avocados and coconut are not so good. I loved oily fish but that is also a no no.
  • Posted

Thank you Adam it's all so new to me but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of things.

found this forum very useful so far.

• Posted

These tablets do work but they are not a miracle drug you have to work with them. I've been on them now for 11 weeks and have lost nearly five and a half stones. Good luck!
    • Posted

Wow Adam that's a great weight loss my Doctor has recommended me to lose about 2 & half stone so I think it will be a slow process.
  • Posted

I've just started today myself & wondering the same thing... Think its going to be planning meals especially lunches for work.
    • Posted

I spent ages in Tescos reading all the labels today & hope I've brought the right things. I'm wondering about lunches for work too.
  • Posted

just take care what you eat as long as you have low fat stuff i have been on them for 3 weeks & lost a stone already 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.