New to all of this. Various symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 23 year old healthy and active male and over the last week I have begun to feel a handful of very unpleasant symptoms. It all started with a dull aching pain coming from underneath my left testicle (something I've had before once or twice) and started to include an ache/burning sensation in my lower left abdomen. Then I started to develop this weird feeling of pressure/burning in the tip of my penis that feels as if there is still urine there. I do not have any discomfort or pain urinating. The feeling to pee lately has felt urgent at the tip and not the bladder. I do have some dribble afterwards which I have never had before. I visited the urologist and my urine test came back fine and he said there was nothing physically wrong that he could tell with my testicles. As I type this I have a new feeling of pressure and discomfort coming from anus as well. I do have some lower and upper back pain but I'm not sure if thats related. I have ultrasounds scheduled but I am thinking I might head back to the docs due to these new symptoms poppibg up since my last visit. Any input or advice is appreciated!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hello there.

maybe I can be of some help I went through the same thing for the last 6-8 months before getting treatment.

I had frequent urination and Burning in the tip a feeling of dripping or leaking and testical pain all these would come and go for weeks at a time.

Every test came back clear in that time I took around 8 plus UA test all clean

finally after being sent to urology without a answer I went back to the ER for the 6 time within the time frame and they diagnosed me with prostatitis even though clean no bacteria.

I was skeptical as my psa was normal

but my prostate was tender when they did a digital rectal exam.

I was put on ciprofloxacin for 10 days and all burning and issues are gone.

you probably have chronic prostatitis as I may have.

it will come and go but medication can calm the symptoms like urination and other problems

I'd ask your doctor about oxybutynin for urination issues and ciprofloxacin id also mention prostatitis.

if you're needing help I'm here to answer and listen.

• Edited

Seems like they should try a broad spectrum antibiotic even if the urine test was negative. What's described sounds like an infection of some kind.

Also, I remember hearing "Dr. Steve" on SIRIUS Radio who had a pretty good medical call in show and he was saying you often need a semen bacteria test not just a urine test to find the infection. I'd never heard of this but that one comment stuck with me.

Seems like they should try an inexpensive antibiotic before doing ultrasounds and more expensive stuff but this is America with our "for profit" medical system. I would go back and ask for an antibiotic of some kind.

• Edited

just a little update. I saw my general physician today and based on my symptoms he believes it could be an infection of the prostate or Epididymitis. he said an infection could still be there even though the tests come out clean. he prescribed me a round of antibiotics. I'm still doing the ultrasounds tomorrow but hopefully the meds help

• Posted

Thanks for checking back in. No problems with ultrasounds. I've been on antibiotics for a few days now. My symptoms feel a bit better but some still linger. Still have a burning/aching sensation from the bottom left testicle, i can almost feel a small lump as if the epididymis is swollen. Sometimes I still feel the need to pee at the tip of my penis or as if there is still urine there, also still have some dribbling. I have also noticed that my ejaculation is a tad more yellow than usual but I have also not been doing it as much since these symptoms started. I think im going to see what happens after this course of antibiotics and then go back in if this still persists. once again, no pain urinating or ejaculating, urine tests are clean. I overall feel better but still not 100 percent.

• Posted

also forgot to mention the last day or so I have felt a bit light headed or "out of it" and my appetite has been way down, but I wonder if those could be a side effect of the antibiotics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.