New to all this

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hiya

I started Orlistat yesterday so I don't know how I will get on with the weight loss. I can only do my best as far as keeping to the low fat food is concerned. Not done too badly so far and no upset tummy either.

I drove my hubby mad on Saturday morning checking out all the fat content of everything I was buying :D It took even more time than usual.

I have read some of the threads on here and I see that there is some very good advice and help and so I will pop in regularly to keep up with the news.

I have a long way to go and would be grateful for any hints and advice for a newby.

Take care all, Megzi

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megzi!!

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on reading from this site, as you've already said there's some really good tips and advice on here!! Also if you're not sure about ANYTHING come on here and ask there's ALWAYS someone to answer your questions everyone is soooo helpful.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Li'l jan

• Posted

hi megzi, ive only been on orlistat 3 weeks now and still finding my feet! i wish u every success in your weight loss.theresw always someone on here to help u and support you as i have found.good luckx
  • Posted

Hey Megzi!

Welcome!! :lol:

My tip is not to starve yourself! Also we need fat in our meals so low fat options are good but you still need a bit of fat in there

Just take your time to see what works for you, There are lots of us on here that can help, answer questions etc, we were all newbies at one time!

• Posted

Hi Megzi

I'm starting my 5th week on xenical and find that the stomach upsets etc seem to have settled some what. I find this a brilliant site as it keeps me motivated. Had great fun at the weekend on my daughters trampoline. Just hope it continues to hold my weight!! lol. Pat

• Posted

Hi and welcome Megzi... smile
  • Posted

Hi Megzi & welcome :lol:

We're all in this together chick (sounds like a really bad intro to High School Musical lol!!)

Plenty of advice here

Kirsty :D

P.S just dont ask ma sister (see above!), cause she's lost the plot & theres only so long you can blame a water leak :wink:

• Posted

Hi Megzi,

I am a newbie too. I started my blueys on saturday and am going to ww too so that it will keep me focused. So far so good. I have had no side effects as yet, though I did warn my boss just in case.... :lol:

I will keep a special eye out for you as we are at a similar point and hopefully we can spur each other on. How much do you have to lose?

• Posted

Hi, good luck and welcome

Glad you're jumping on our train

Choo choo

Laups

• Posted

Hi again.

Thank you all for your replies.

I am still doing fine on the blueys but I haven't noticed any changes to anything at all. No side effects, no weight loss, nothing except checking all my food's fat content. :?

I am also diabetic on insulin so I have to check the carbs too so I can be quite restriced as other diabetics out there will know. It was my consultant who recommended I go on this medication.

I work in a health centre so I have a dietician I can talk to if need be so that is a big bonus. So far I haven't needed to, but I know she is there when I do. smile

I hope everyone is doing ok and I appreciate all the help that there is on here.

Take care, Megzi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.