New to all this

Posted , 4 users are following.

My 13 year old son has just been diagnosed with this in January.So far kids at school asked alot of questions about his bald spots.They were afraid of getting it from him.Luckly enough his teacher printed some research for them so they could understand what this is.It has helped alot.So far steroid treatments are working slowly with hair growth.Has any have ideas about vitamin supplements that will help with this diagnoses?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If your son is feeling improved with the treatment then you should take the natural suppliments, which will not react to the treatment.
    • Posted

I just Googled which vitamins he can used and bought them.So wish me luck.Thanks
  • Posted

Glad to report after 4 months of steriod shots the hair on my sons 2 bald spots is growing back slowly.Hope to continue to have good results.His dr told him to avoid stress .I was like he's a teen he takes everything to heart.She said avoid it best you can a good attitude help with the stress that causes all this.

• Posted

ust signed up to this never been a forum type of person but i must insist onsaying something, as an ex derm nurse, and the husband of a wife who had this problem,for 20 years  we think we have cracked it,we have been to derm doc, who as usual will give steroid, oh and would you like a wig, she has tried meat free, non alcohol, and all sort of homeopathic nonsence

but i can tell what has worked , keep off bread, pizza , pasta , its gluten she also gets very bad stomach ache from leading up to the patches appearing

the problem only comes back if she goes particularly back on pasta,

3 years on her hair has maintained and all areata has gone, all grown back, but as soon as she tries pasta a small hairless formation starts about 8  days later, along with stomach problems.

i have advised a patient in hospital 18 months agowho was only 20, she also had the samesymtoms andnow she has followed the same as my wife, guess what, yep all hari back no stomach problems0 Report this Reply[darren62159] ★1

darren62159 peter49784 • 25 minutes agoo and by the way she doesnt have coeliac disease, she has been tested but it is a very sensative test so my advice would be to ignore it and have a strict gluten ffree diet for at least 3 months,

also look at the evidence of the link between glten free and hair loss, many times it mentions the stomach flora being unbalanced due to gluten

• Posted

Well here we go again.Four months of steroid shots and the one spot has cleared up.But now we have a new spot.Wish him luck back to the dermatologist!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.