New to Alli Suggestions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm new to Alli.  Just bought it today.  I've been following a pretty good diet the last 2 weeks.  I took 1 pill today.  I'm curious if anyone else started out with 1 a day?  I'm nervous about "side effects"  I've definitely been eating less that 15 g fat per meal but still very nervous since I've read numerous horror stories!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It took until about day 4 before I felt any difference with the pill. Before that I got a little bit burpy after taking the first one or two but nothing down there.... Then day 4 I just noticed the need to go number 2 more often then normal. Now I am starting day 6 and nothing horrible so far, even though I had a Valentines dinner out etc. 

I actually found myself a little relieved when something started happening because I was afraid it wasn't working! Ha ha smile 

I think most people it takes a couple of days to get things moving, but not everyone of course. We all have different ....transit...times.

• Posted

So I'm very frustraed

• Posted

So I'm very frustrated that I've only lost 2lbs in 4 weeks! I've been eating healthy and working out. I upped my Alli to 2 to match prescription strength orlistat. Still nothing! Now I'm on vacation and had a burger yesterday - OUCH! Well it may not be making me lose weight but I got the side effects. Going off of it until after vaca. Very hard to track while on vacation!

• Posted

I was just about to ask you this morning how its been going.  I had lost a couple lbs. as of two weeks ago when we talked about taking 2 pills each time.  Now i've somehow gained them back.  So basically nothing up to now.  I am now out of the first batch of Alli and wondering if I even want to spend the money on another bottle...hmmm

• Posted

I had just bought another pack. I planned on taking while on vacation and following my fitness pal closely. However, 1st day here in San Diego we went to a restaurant and all they had was "Linner" specials and the burger was the only meal on it. Never shat myself before! My husband, who never thought I should take these anyway, was like hmmm?! But at least we were back at our villa! I will resume after vaca but doubtful it is working!

• Posted

Well just checking with ya to see how the results were going. I never bought another bottle - and just watching my eats and still doing cardio, I am getting the same result, lost a couple pounds. How about yourself?
    • Posted

Well, Mondays are my weigh in day. Last Monday was day after vacation and I gained a few ounces. I was happy with that. Yesterday, I lost those few ounces - so back to pre-vacation. I started with 1 pill a day and just now upped to 2. I'll let you know Monday. But I'm thinking they are sham pills!  Except for when I sharted!  Otherwise they don't appear to do anything!  Will be sticking to diet and exercise hard though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.