new to anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone,last week i had a feeling of tingling in my head,headache on one side,felt like one side of my body is weak,heavy breathing and other stroke like symptoms,i felt like this is the end.

got to the hospital they did a ct scan and everything was ok except little calcification,i was worried about it hardcore.

did a ct scan few days later with contrast thingy injected in you.

everything was ok

i cant stop checking my face and hands i still feel something is wrong with me,i just "know" it

i had another panic attack yesterday and called an ambulance,felt similar symptoms,had 220/100 blood pressure and 160 pulse.

after few hours on the bed in the ER with nobody checking me i relaxed but still had the head tingling and pressure

they released me home.

im feeling like im gonna have it again...

nobody told me i have anxiety,didnt think i had one until i found this forum.

it sucks,it takes over my life.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention im 27 years old
  • Posted

you are probably having a panic attack; I would advise to go see a psychiatrist so he can prescibe you anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds, also call your local hospitals and ask if they have any CBT sessions avaliable. As for now, the next time you have an episode like this take some aspirin and drink cold water with lemon juice. 
    • Posted

thanks,i wonder if others have something like that
    • Posted

like i constantly feeling this pressure in my head i just wont stop thinking about it no matter how much i try
    • Posted

Iv had the pressure too but usually just tingles and numbness x
    • Posted

I'm actually feeling that right now.. with chest pains. My pressure in my head feels like if im hanging upside down. It sucks. I took ibuprofen it helped. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Aspirin and lemon juice... Do you find this works ? I've never heard of this before , another one to add to my list! Thanks

• Posted

Its totally taken over my life for around 5 months now,its horrible this anxiety xx
    • Posted

Sarah , I know where you're coming from , it can be awful . This site is great for knowing you are not on your own though . I do believe strongly that our bodies will readjust in time , sometimes meds for a while might be needed to get us strong again .

• Posted

220/100 omg! Couldn't imagine the feeling. My highest was 160/100 and i was like thinking it was probably my end. How much more this high! So you are on maintenance for hypertension already?

Like you, no one ever told me i had anxiety disorder. I was rushed to the ER almost every week then, with different symptoms. Years of being a regular patient made my life so miserable. Until one day, a concerned Dr approached me, talked to me about my overall health, explained how and why my blood pressure rises. Only then that i knew i had GAD. That my bp goes up because i was in panic everytime i feel something like dizziness or palpitations or numbness or headache or chest pain or gerd,etc. even toothache!!!

My life and the way i handled my GaD became much easier after that encounter with that DR. So i realized that once you acknowledge that it is JUST a panic/anxiety attack and nothing else, it will eventually put your mind at ease. It's not an easy process though...the acceptance.

• Posted

Hi. Actually, people can't tell if their blood pressure is very high. It has to be measured to find out what it is. (I was a nurse and midwife for many years)

But you're right that the lower reading being 100 requires maintenance treatment.

EMPT - you've had the tests, which apart fom your blood pressure were normal. I would suggest that you go to your family doctor and get your BP under control, and also discuss anxiety meds and therapy or counselling.

Extreme anxiety is horrible, but one of the hardest things you have to do is to realise that there is nothing physically wrong - but that is cold comfort when you're feeling that something IS. Please go and chat to your doctor. I'm sure s/he will help. And please keep posting on this forum so that we can continue to support you.     xx Tess

• Posted

Tess and empt, when anxiety spikes...blood pressure often does. Two days ago when I went to the doctor to discuss the issue of treatment or non treatment for Cirrhosis Stage 4, my blood pressure was 230/110.   I have to say, not much of anything really bothers me any more...I simply refuse! No more worrying about anything, it's not good for my health.exclaimexclaimlol

• Posted

Couldn't agree with you more,Cia. Feels like a domino effect...healthy issue then anxiety then rise in bp!

I admire you for not letting anything worry you anymore. I know it's hard, but we can do it!

Wishing everyone a happy day! (Let's take one day at a time smile )

• Posted

Taking a real good look at what really matters, makes a difference. Also, just skim by any news channel and compare. Holy Hannah...I'm so very lucky compared to much of the world...and much of our own country..whichever ours is. And, if I look at our own little town.....stlll come out lucky.

Ya' know Liza, I just realized how often I say that to myself every day...I'm so lucky. It always helps to help others, and of course, that is why we are all here, Sweetie..Yes?

• Posted

That's so very right, Cia! Been in this group for 3days now...followed every discussion and noticed how active and helpful you've been to each member here. Though i feel like i'm a little different esp when it comes to how i handle my anxiety, i still find it interesting and helpful to read all inputs. It helps me feel i'm not alone, and makes me admire people like you who show concern to each and everyone.

God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.