New to B12

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some information off people who suffer with B12 deficiency.

I had blood works done 3 months ago with B12 showing at 176 catergorised as ‘low’ doctor refused to give me anything even though my symptoms are as follows.

Tiredness all the time.

Pins and needles hands and feet

Tingling back off thighs

Lazy legs ( feel week all the time )

Irritable

Bad mood swings

Genuinely feeling so low and can’t function on times

Repeated headaches

Rapid heart rate that I can hear

Most of which are symptoms.

Finally found a new doctor surgery and registered there, they done a further b12 test which shows level 146, this coming Friday I have my first injection and will be given leaflets and information regarding b12 then.

My new Gp was disgusting that I wasn’t treated for this the first time round.

Have anyone else experienced anything like this

Thanks in advance x

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey hayley, 146 is way too low, I read that in Japan they raised the recommended levels from 500 up to 1300. So you can see how screwed up we are if we don't start to be our own physicians. I as well, have a story of medical neglect, one of the doctors i went to even said i should stop taking any supplements at all, when i was clearly severely deficient.  It's a battle everyday. You're not alone.

• Posted

Hi jasmyn, thanks for the response,  so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience too. It’s pure neglect. Have the supplemented you or given you injections now? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.