new to blueys

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey :P

im new to all this so please bare with me if this is posted somewhere strange, tho i hope you can help

I just started taking orlistat last wed so thats me just about done the first week, and have the orange oil :oops: i am unsure on when to take my lil blue friends as the nurse told me 1hr BEFORE food tho the leaflet inside the box said with food and up2 an hour AFTER, can anyone help please???

also i see some of you have diets to follow can anyone enlighten me on what kind of diet as again my nurse had only said to try and eat healthy

:roll:

thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Debz, i have been on the blueys for a fortnight now and have had various side effects some worse than others.i usually take my tablets with my meal and if i forget i take it soon after my meal.i was told to do this also,so if its wrong it aint my fault lol :D if u have alot oil maybe u need to look at wot ur eating see if there is anything high in fat.this site is great and there is always someone to offer some advice and support. good luck debz x :P
  • Posted

thanks Dawn, thats wot ive been doin,

just havin a read throo others experiences now smile

x

• Posted

hi debz, did u get ur pack when u registered with website?i just got my pack today and they have some menu options in back that are useful.its hard adapting to them but u get used to them more dawn
  • Posted

Hi Debz

Look at any low fat diets and see what works. I combine all kinds eg Rosemary conley, the odd weightwatchers recipe etc. Tesco do a diet site. I tend to look at labels and have only things that have 5g or less fat in 100g( incl saturates) and then look at per item to add up total fat for meal - keeep this to below 15g per meal and you'll be fine

KJ

• Posted

Hi. I have been on these tablets for 4 weeks (and have lost 1 stone!). I take the tablets just before I'm about to eat my meal or if I forget as soon as I remember, anything up to half an hour after my meal. I usually put my bluey on the table with a glass of water so that when I sit down to my dinner its sitting there looking at me!! So far no horror toilet stories!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.