New to BP meds and tired with NORMAL BP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went to the doc in January with chest pain, dizziness, trouble getting tired with excercise - was given an x-ray and test for lung infection but no BP taken, went again last week feeling like crap asking for  full health check.  Nurse checked my BP it was around 185/105 and further measurements over severaly days showed consistent 170-190/ 95-105.  Think I have been going around like this for at least 6 months when the whooshing in my ear started keeping me awake at night.  Started ACE inhibitor and diuretic 3 days ago and my systolic  has dropped about 50 points and my diastol about 30 - so normal to SLIGHT elevated (Hurrah!) thought I would feel fantastic but am EXHAUSTED within a few hours of taking a dose!  Will this get better?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Have taken various types as the years have rolled on. BP has not improved. All meds have had same side effects with me. Dizziness light headed tiredness and weird dreams. BP readings go up and down.
  • Posted

You will probably feel tired more than normal but that should not be a problem compared to your blood pressure problem blood pressure problems made me very very tired because your heart is working so hard you should feel better soon lots of luck and stay with your medicine
  • Posted

What is the classification of med you are taking, that will help answer your question, If you continue to feel the way you are feeling, you might want to ask them for an alternative, as there are many different formulations.  You shouldn't have to fee like this.

• Posted

To answer your question quickly: It may. Give the meds a few weeks for your body to adjust. You may see the side effects lessen or disappear. If not, talk to your doctor. There are many versions of BP meds and everyone reacts to them differently. They all have different side effects as well. I'm on Mavik and for the first 2 months I got a headache every day, at exactly 3:00 pm (taking the meds @ 9:00 am). This is now gone.  Also, for tiredness, have your iron levels checked. I find lowering your blood pressure seems to make the effects of anemia stronger, thought it's just my personal, anecdotal observation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.