New to Citalopram...3weeks in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was prescribed Citalopram 3 weeks ago and everything was going fine up until a few days ago. I didn't have any side effects for the first 2 weeks.

As I am approaching the end of week 3 I have started getting constant headaches, dry mouth and tummy upset.

Is this normal? I thought after 2 weeks of nothing I would be fine?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes they have. What dose are you on? It's a bit early/late nearly 4am here are you in the UK ?
    • Posted

I am on 20mg, yes I am in the UK. Thanks for your reply
    • Posted

Hi mermaid, I'm on my 5th month and still get the same effects your feeling. Not saying you will experience it but don't get upset if it happens. It's nothing that slows you down just annoying. The days do get better and effects lessen to none existent ! Good luck
    • Posted

Hi

can I ask how long you've been on these pills?

have you taken them regularly? 

are you taking any others including over the counter?

alcohol?

symptoms when you started and the daily pattern

anything else you can think of

• Posted

Hi

I've been on them 3 weeks today. I haven't missed a dose and take them at around 10am everyday.

The first few days I felt quite anxious but other than that nothing until about Wednesday just gone I had a horrible headache and I haven't been able to shake it. Also an upset stomach.

I have been taking paracetamol to help with the headaches but it doesn't do much.

I don't drink alcohol so haven't had any.

I can't think of anything else 😔

• Posted

Hi, I am day 23, I had awful side affects for the first week, which went and now they are coming back not as bad but , getting body zaps again, sweating dizziness and feeling little sick too. It's all great fun 😬
    • Posted

I will msg with information I know will help sorry just noticed nearly out of charge- so sorry
    • Posted

Oh no 😔 I hope it settles down soon. How long do you think until we are clear if the side effects? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.