New to Citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been taking 20mg of Cit in the morning, and Im now on day 13. My anxiety is improving, but I still am not sleeping well and feeling very anxious when i first get up, and then have brain fog all day, only feeling calm again in the evening. Is this normal? Has anyone changed to taking it a bedtime instead, and did that improve things? Any advice would be gratefully received please. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

All of that is very normal. Mornings are though. I did move my meds to night time after feeling fatigued all day and it did help, to some degree. I do still feel more tired than I used to. And, my brain doesnt function like it used to. I have trouble remembering easy words or peoples names that I should not forget.

• Posted

Hi ya thats normal i only take it at night time now before i go to bed so if there is any side effects I'm sleeping 😃

• Posted

HI Brizzle

ALL very normal! I WOULD SWITCH to taking meds at night too like the others. MORNING anxiety is always the worst,and the last to go! Feeling fuzzy and forgetful will go in time. IT is very early days yet so keep persisting and be patient it takes a lot of time to work effectively months rather than weeks. It took me a good six months before i could function well and there are often blips along the way.

GOOD LUCK and keep in touch if you need help.

• Posted

Hi Felis. Thanks for your advice, and the others you have responded too. I didn't take a tablet this morning, and feel more alive today. Planning to take one tonight before bed to see if this has a positive effect on how I feel in the morning. I,ll let you know. Was wondering has anyone had any experience of reducing the dose from 20mg to 10mg ?

• Posted

i wouldnt reduce too soon.Keep at 20 mg for at least a couple of months then if you want to reduce go down to 15 then after a couple of months 10mg.

IF YOU drop too much too soon anxiety symptoms can worsen!

• Posted

I have just started taking citalopram again after taking years ago and after having recently experienced horrendous side effects from others. I am on 20mg but decided to reducing it to 10mg after the èxperien e with others..decided to try taking them at night I wished I had never done this I had a horrendous experience as soon as my head hit the pillow my head filled with loads of thoughts in other words my brain was suddenly over active and the result was I could not get to sleep and woke up this morning with terrible fatigue which lasted all day so it is knowing what to do for the best. I certainly did not experience these problems last time I went on them and it around six weeks for it to work perhaps it has something to do with

• Posted

All completely normal, I'm on week 7 and the mornings are often really anxiety filled, sleep is still a bit erratic at night.....but I could drop off easily in the day.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. Do you take the tablet at night or in the morning please?

• Posted

I take it in the morning. I don't think I'd be able to handle it at night, I doubt I'd be able to sleep.

• Posted

i take it at night and only 10mg more then that is to much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.