New to citalopram and just increased from 10mg to 20mg.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, recently diagnosed with anxiety. ive been taking citalopram for a few weeks (started on 10mg every other day for a week, then 10mg every day) mood lifted a little but palpitations remain.ive increased to 20mg today - gp has given me propanolol and diazepam to help with side effects. ive had some 'sweating episodes' today - horrible. i guess what im asking for is please someone tell me that it all settles down. please tell me some positives. im going away tomorrow for a few days and so worried. not sure wether to just take 10mg tomorrow and then increase when i get back. i know you cant tell me what i should do but was hoping someone may have been on a similar situation.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have been on CITALOPRAM and remember all the side effects, increased anxiety being the worst.

why don't you build it up slowly. Go back to your 10 tomorrow and then next day take 20 or even 15 (easy to halve a 10). Alternate 10 and 15 for a while and then 10 and 20 when you are ready. Then you can eventually alternate 15 and 20

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, i have alternated between 10mg and 15mg citalopram day for a week now. ive had moments where i have felt very anxious and moments with constant palpitations (waiting results from a 24hr ecg) - negative thoughts have still been there and ive been taking diazepam and propanolol 'sparingly' - some days none at all.

Im not sure when to increase 15mg citalopram each day. i feel scared about the side effects again but at the same time i just want to feel better.

i have been reading so many negative reviews about citalopram making me feel that i will never feel right again!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.