New to constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi folks,

i hope u all are doing great, ive had constipation before but this time im desperately concerned. i used to poop like 1-2 times a day but now.. its like every other day and when i poop, its super hard to pass it and just a small amount.. im not sure if the problem has something to do with my poop being sticky/hard or with my anus muscle not working properly.. i had a colonoscopy back in feb due to rectal bleeding from hard stool and it came back normal , just hemorrhoids.. i feel desperate that i don even wamt to leave my room..

questions- should i worry if i dont poop every day? any help or suggestion to make this better?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, this is happening to me . I ended up in E.R after not going for 5 days and they gave me laxatives which did work but still not regular as I used to be and may not go for 2 days and even then I'm straining. I have had a stool test, blood work taken and all was ok..Going for a colonoscopy in a few weeks. I don't know what is going on with me. I also have had a painful tailbone for around 6mnths and asked the dr if it could be connected since after the tailbone pain which I think started from sitting for long periods if time on a hard surface during lockdown but he said he didn't think so. Tailbone pain is a little better but hurts if I need to have a motion . But the constipation continues.

I also suffer anxiety which has gotten worse and this on top has sent my anxiety levels sky high.

I have added fibre and probiotics without much help, although I have had days where I seem to have a normal motion then only for the constipation to return.

I am worried about the colonoscopy .

I am glad your tests all came back fine.

I am lactose intolerant and heard that sometimes it can cause constipation and I used to get d when I had dairy so maybe its that.

Have you made any changes in your diet when the constipation started?

Hope you're doing better .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.