New to Duloxetine!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everybody

I recently asked advice as changed to duloxetine from sertraline. I am experiencing severe RAGE since changing my medication and don't know what to do about this!  Have any of you suffered with severe rage, I have tried many antidepressents over the years but have not experienced anything like this!  Feeling really upset and desperate now, also has done nothing to help with my depression in fact it is worse than ever.

Many thanks for your anticipated help in this matter.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you taper off Sertraline? Or just go rt into Duloxetin? I firmly believe that one antidepressant needs to be out of system before starting another but the dumb Dr's don't get it! Im on my 4th antidepressant. First Zoloft (worked mentally but toxic in my body,severe diaherra,liver enzymes went up,severe wt loss!) Then Lexapro or generic (did nothing but put me asleep an gain 13 lbs in month an half!) Then Duloxetin. No side effects but got to where I didn't want to do anything. Was on 60mg for month an half. Lowered to 30mg for 7 days then stopped. Wholly cow! Sick!Severe headaches,dizzy, nauseated,felt like crap an crying. Well decided to try Prozac. An I dont think I let the Duloxetin get out of my system enough before starting Prozac. It was about 3 wks after I stopped Duloxetin I started Prozac. Its been 20 days since on 20mg of Prozac. Alot of side effects. Mental side effects. Crying,depressed an anxiety all increased. Im sticking it out for 6 wks. Theres no way your body can get use to a new med in 2 wks! Be careful with Duloxetin. My blood pressure also went up. If rages continue talk to Dr. Please taper slowly off Duloxetin an let it get out of your system before starting another. Just my two cents! Goodluck an Lord bless.
  • Posted

I am on day four of Cymbalta, my first try on antidepressants. All these posts scare me. I was okay for day 1,2 & 3, but I don't like the way I feel today. After only four days, can I just stop?
  • Posted

Duloxatine is basically a drug used for people experiencing

nerve pain to do with epilepsy and has been found to help depression.Even Sertraline is more for social anxiety and low self

esteem.duloxatine gave me a feeling of agitation insomnia and

constipation so obviously it doesnt suit everyone.Go back to

your Gp and to try another anti.Sure he'll be pleased as Duloxatine is pretty expensive.

Hope you can find a medication to give you some mental stability.Its awful being down feeling worthless and having no motivation.My heart goes out to you.Dont hesitate to vent your fears and anxieties on here we can all help each other.More so than the

doctor who probably has never experienced depression or tried

the tablets they dish out.

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies. Yes I was weaned off Sertraline fully before starting on Dufloxetine, it took me 4 weeks and was a nightmare!  I am due to see the Mental Health Nurse on Monday so will discuss what my options will be then. I am extremely worried as have been on a lot of antidepressents these past 10 years so am now running out of options. I was worried about starting on Dufloxetine as had heard of many side effects but nothing like I am experiencing! I am so angry that I could just go out and kill somebody which in my book makes me a very dangerous person indeed.  My Boyfriend is very scared of me right now so this is not good!  This drug was supposed to be the best option for me as I suffer from severe back and nerve pain as well as severe depression and anxiety. I am so disappointed and am crying all the time!!  What a waste of time, effort and worry I have had just to change medication to no avail. Dufloxetine in my case is useless, just made me much, much worse!  Hopefully they can give me something else or I can see myself going into hospital if this carries on!
    • Posted

Theres Amitriptyline also. Effexor? Maybe its not for you. I have a friend an she's on 90 mg along with Buspar (?) a mood stabilizer. She's doin good on it been on it for couple yrs.
  • Posted

In my experience Amitryptaline is very difficult to tolerate even when starting on a low dose.Makes most people zombiefide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.