New to forum and RLS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am not sure if I have RLS or not...what is happening is that my knees ache and feel tight like they are swollen but don't look swollen along with "i must move them" feeling. I have been tested for arthritis - tests came back false ...thank goodness!

It's been getting worse these last couple of months. I have tried tylenol, heating pads, ice, icy hot rubs..nothing has helped yet...some nights worse then others.

I have been reading a lot of your posts and suggestions to try...just more wanted to introduce myself and see if you all think what I describe is a form of RLS?

Thanks

Cindy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have a look at either the RLS-UK or RLS Foundation web sites as they both have interesting diagnostic stuff.
  • Posted

Hi there... not quite sure how they define RLS to what extremes.... mine started about 18 month  ago, just at nite, RLS for me is alfull, all I can explain is that it’s at tho it’s going through my blood, irritation, you can feel it building up, to the stage when I’m in bed, I can’t keep my legs still at all, I try and stretch to stop it, but as soon as I stop it’s there again, the only way it stops is if I get out of bed and walk up and down 🤔 but it’s the last thing you want to do at nite as be out of bed lol, if I sit still in the day I can’t keep my legs still, unless I’m busy and again walking around..

I’m going through the menopause so I just put it maybe down to that, just not sure... but that’s MY feeling of what I get with RLS 🤗 x

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I too can feel the feelings building up in my knees first then spreads thru the rest of my legs....such a weird feeling. Mine comes at night when i am sleeping and wakes me up. I am going to try a B12 complex and magnesium citrate...will see if those make a difference in the next couple of weeks.
    • Posted

Hi let me know how it works for you, and if it does at all... I saw my doc today and he said once you’ve got RLS then you have it for life 😩 I was hoping it would go away at some point.. 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.