New to Forum, experiencing muscle weakness, numbness, and burning! Help!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all, 

I have been reading a few of the post on here and wanted to share my story as well.  First, I commend all of you for pushing through your illnesses and trying to discover a new "normal". I am only 26 and have the rest of my life ahead of me so some feedback and support would be awesome.  I def. have no friends my age that are dealing with this hardship.   

My neurological symptoms started almost a year ago, and at first I only experienced burning feet at night that was more of an annoyance than anything.  I was losing sleep a couple times a month, but my work schedule allows much flexibilty so my way of life was not gravly impacted. However, the past two months have been a nightmare.  On Jan. 25 I started again experiening the burning feet but it did not go away, lingering all day and night for three days.  On the third day of this "flare up" I laid down in the bed due to the impedding fatigue and a painful spasms or lightening shock ran through my rt arm and my arms have not been the same since.  They immediately felt odd and numb.  Since they have become weak and my hands very clumbsy.  I am dropping things and legs feel like jello at times.  Symptoms vary from day to day but for the past eight weeks I have experienced a combo of lightheadedness, heavy limbs, legs have become weak with exertion, strong heartbeat, muscle fatigue,muscle twitches all over (randomly), some neck and facial muscle fatigue (expecially after talking a lot).  Within the past couple weeks my hands have started to burn as well. I have been to my primary doctor 6 times.  Tested for many things and ruled out alot.. Had a brian MRI that was clear, so no MS.  B12 okay (450), high alpha gobulins, cortisol spike (looking more into this in 24 hour urine analysis), low Mch in total blood count.  Other than that all is normal, no lyme (so I think, but I know this is controversial), no rhum art, lupus.  I was put on Lyrica, low dose and slowly increased.  Didn't see much of improvement for a while.  Upped the dose, it helped the burning feet but I felt immense brain fog.  I couldn't focus and was not myself.  Lowered the dose as of now because I do not want to become immune and dependent on the med until I KNOW what is wrong!  I am not one to be highly medicated or cover up symptoms without knowing the cause.  I am being referred to a neurologist, but who knows when that appointment will come through. Hoping to get a call sometime this week.  Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, words of encouragement would be great appreciated smile 

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Numbness is a condition in which a person feels a loss of sensation. Numbness can occur anywhere on the body. It is mostly felt in the hands, feet, fingers, and toes. It should be treated as early as possible and for long results treatment must be done with experts in physiotherapy. Rygginstitutet is rehabilitation center where numbness is treated.
  • Posted

Hi Emily

I know it's a while ago since you posted this but I gave similar symptoms to you and I wonder what progress you had made in getting answers to what is causing these problems?

• Posted

Hi Emily. 

Pls give me an update of your situation.

thanks

chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.