New to gilbert syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am 24 male just been diagnosed with Gilbert syndrome, just wondering I am always depressed and struggle with anxiety I have just started taking anti depressants - sertaline, would these interfere with my GS ? I am always feeling sick and stomach pains how can I deal with this ? Is it stress? I'm eating like frozen chicken with batter with croquettes and beans for dinner but before I got diagnosed I would feel OK eating these meals i feel like my stress is making me sick and feel I'll and causing GS symthoms and i think to much of it and always thinking about it, would my anti depressants help me ??? Thanks - cade

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cade, yes the antidepressants should help you feel better soon. But you may feel worse for a couple of week. Apparently according to the Facebook group stress is a big trigger for GS symptoms. You should join the Facebook group as they are very helpful. I hope you feel better soon Joel
  • Posted

Your type in Life with gilberts syndrome on the search bar and join group.
  • Posted

Hi Cade,

I'm sorry that you are having a lot of annoying symptoms. If you have Facebook you can join Life with Gilbert's Syndrome Group you just have to search for it on the search bar on Facebook. They are very helpful and have helped me. I hope this helps. Joel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.