new to group seeking some advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there i am very confused and worried at present so seeking some advice as I've read lots on this forum and everyone seems so supportive the story began in December when following a hysterectomy I got a cough went to GP got anti biotic cough went away but came back saw a dissent GP prescribed anti biotics and steroids the cough went since this time I've done a lung function test which was fine and xray the GP said initially COPD now he is saying they can't diagnose it because the lung function test was normal however I continue to clear my throat all day which the doctors say is post nasal drip so I left non the wiser I have up smoking 8 years ago and walk 2 miles a day my feeling is the doctors are waiting for more symptoms at arise thank you for reading

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Allergies are the worst they have ever been in years here in the U.S.....not sure where u are but maybe for you too. It probably is allergies. Get a good antihistamine...maybe a perscription one and thank God they were wrong about the COPD. IF you really think you get worse go back and demand more testing. Let us know!! Ladyjack51
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice everyone is so supportive on this forum I will post if more developments arise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.