New to Humira

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I haven't started humira yet, but I'm quit nervouse. However, my hs is really starting to be a big problem. Has been a problem for some time. This is basically my last option. How have you guys done on humira for hs?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Foenap:

i was on Humira for a year, in 2017. It was great in the beginning, maybe the first 3 months, then it stopped working. I’m now on Taltz since 3/2018. The Taltz was also great, it’s seems to be keeping my symptoms somewhat under control. Don’t get me wrong, I still have HS symptoms, but the drainage and pain is less. It was really bad, but the Taltz is really helping. Some days are better than others, but so far so good. Also, I did not have any side effects from either drug. As with anything, everyone is different and will respond differently. Good luck.

• Posted

I was on Humira for over a year.  At first, it was ok and cleared things up pretty well (I was stage 4.)  After 6 months, and with increased activity (I am a triathlete) I was breaking out all over again.  They wouldn't increase dosage and it was like I had never been on it.  I quit taking it last August. I only had to pay $5/month with the card from the dermatologist, but they charged my insurance more than $18K/month.  That is crazy for something that didn't work.  I thought, I will just use my panoxyl, clindamyacin gel, stop eating sugar, stay off gluten, and I will be ok.  I had breakouts, and it was just getting annoying.  I was referred to University Hospital, they were going to put me on Stelara, which didn't get approved. I wasn't thrilled about this anyway.  It was their last effort to help me. 

I did some research and based on that research, I decided to try CBD oil.  THC free.  I was shocked and amazed.  In 12 days, my skin was almost clear.  I haven't had any breakouts in a month.  I can't believe it.  It is completely legal in all 50 US states, as it is from Hemp.  It is worth a shot.  And it isn't a horrible chemical being added to your body with other dangerous side effects.  

Just a thought.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi there. Hope you are well. I'm just wondering how the CBD oil is coming along for you.

• Posted

i just tried the Humira almost a week ago. i am starting to see it dry out under my arm. That was my problem are. i was taking doxycycline it helped as well. I didnt have the flare ups as often. i only experienced the flare up when I would eat beef or dairy food. once I cut those things from my diet I would feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.