New to IBS-c symptoms horrendous rectal pressure at night and pain. BMI

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi im new to the forum. im

a brit living in germany. recently i was diagnosed with Ibs C and im finding it hard to deal with a flare up.

it started in august back in the uk when i was a little constipated, i saw a doctor and was given fibre sachets, buscopan and buscomint.

when i went back the constipation was cleared and i thought that was the end of it all.

cue the journey from hell driving back to Germany. i had awful pressure in my back and rectum and a strong need to go. i upped my water and ate soluable fibre and took the meds. No matter how many stops we made, i couldnt poo. After many times sitting on the loo all i ended up with was hemorroids and a sore bum. The next day the pain was worse at my back and tailbone. it would get so bad i couldnt walk. i went back to the doctor. He gave me strong ibuprofen and an xray. He suspected sciatica. I was given several weeks of manual physio and massage. Still no relief. During the day id have dull backache and like a dead leg feeling. or a hot leg feeling. At night it was on another scale. pain so bad id pass out or get panicked. small tiny stools after huge efforts. more piles. nothing worked. sought out a second opinion from a doctor who thought i might have herniated a disc, more scans, stool samples. more ibuprofen, more buscopan.

currently, every night is awful. sleep is impossible. ive tried baths, cold packs, heat packs, buscopan, acupuncture. i feel like im going mad. Pain is constant. fibre sachets and water help but im basically camping out in the downstairs loo every night. sometimes i faint sonetimes its panic then faint. rectal pressure is always there unless i manage to poo. i dread eating as then the rectal pressure comes back. please tell me someone else went through this and what they did! i need pain relief and a poo and a less sore bottom. Also cant sit for long or lie on my back , rectal pressure becomes insane. please tell me what helps? doc appointment scheduled tomorrow but i dont want more ibuprofen or buscopan! i need something that helps!

Anyone?

sorry for the long post.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.